Timing gears...

• Sponsors (?)

i am not currently running timeing gears but when i had my motor built i considered them the builder said he did not recomend them, somthing about the harmonics they put off

For a street motor they do transfer unwanted harmonics/vibrations from the crank up to the cam bearing. Not good for high mileage aps. and they are wicked loud.

It would suck to have people think you have a blower when you actually dont!

For a street motor they do transfer unwanted harmonics/vibrations from the crank up to the cam bearing. Not good for high mileage aps. and they are wicked loud.

It would suck to have people think you have a blower when you actually dont!

yea they are pretty loud. and its fun at times to let people try to figure out what you have in your car. just dont lift the hood and let people think. but though at times people will get scared and not run you because they think you have a blower, so no fun there.

it just all depends on what your going for

instead of a timing chain you have gears meshing. i think they're sweet. as far as the harmonics... thats the first i heard of this, makes me think twice though.

as far as people not running me ... thats no biggie i go hunting and still cant find people to run me. it always seems im passing them in the opposite lane of traffic :notnice:

dude i dunno i had the edelbrock accud drive in my 88 and you can even hear them lol. but they hold perfect mother effin timing. lol

i just purchased the the pete jackson noisy set so we will see what that sounds like.