Timing mod, just want to make sure..

EXTRPR50

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
Im doing the timing mod today, adv it from stock. Now, do I start the car, THEN remove the spout, or remove it first and start the car?

What will this give me power wise, I tried looking up testing on it, but could not find anything.

• Sponsors (?)

you can remove the spout whenever you want, the spout itself wont affect anything, just when the spout in plugged in the EEC will take control of timing and it advances timing at idle so you will read higher than the base and can throw you off when adjusting timing... but as far as when to pull the spout.... doesnt matter at all.

unplugging it will just kill the EECs ablility to control timing and then the timing on the light when you check should be 10*BTDC (if its stock and etc). then you can set your timing to say 12*BTDC etc etc, then plug the spout in when your done..

yeah advancing the timing will give you more torque which equals horsepower..... just stay away from spark knock and you will be alright.

i ran 15-16* base with my old mild HCI combo a while back.

now with the tweecer i have, i do all the timing adjustments on my laptop. my dizzy is set to 10* base and no need to adjust the dizzy itself anymore...