Tire Poll

I'd go with the BFG. I had Yokos on the BMW and they were :Total-CP: (I've been wanting to use that and this is a perfect opportunity). They are great in great weather, but other than that they suck and they only seem to last about 6 months.

Another somewhat budget tire: Falken FK451. I've had 265/35/18 and 285/35/18s mounted for about 6 weeks now. They are not the best tire you can buy, but the seem to be a good all around tire that will last.

• Sponsors (?)

5.0zone said:
I have the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3s, 285/40/17 on 17x9 Bullits all the way around. I love em and plan to buy them again. I'm a big BFG fan but decided to try the Goodyears after reading the reviews on TireRack.
Price was $199 each + shipping.

I'm running the Eagle F1's also and they replaced Nitto 555's and the Nitto's DO NOT COMPARE. These hook like crazy. Only tire i've ever owned that was as good was Pirelli's and they cost even more.

am i the only one whos nittos suck (555r).:shrug: im not really sure how they compare to the stock ones (Bought it with 18in saleens wrapped in nittos) but they cant hold at a punch 15mph or under, nor a 2k launch on a 01 4.6:nonono:. Granted they are pretty worn and are ran at 40 psi, but arent they supposed to hook better?

wms004 said:
You are probably thinking of the older model KDW.. The new tread pattern is probably less than a year old.
Im actually glad they only make the traditional tread size in a 245/17 because I really dont like the new style tread they did. I dont get off on tire tread designs like most people do.. + the traditional thread is a better all weather tire.