tire size?

1991notchbackLX

Dec 25, 2007
New York
okay, so as some of you may well know, i'm a n00b when it comes to certain subjects haha, namely brakes and suspension (but i'm reading and learning!)... can one of you gurus on here please help me figure out what size rear tires i want to order for my coupe?? how tall, how wide, etc.? i'm thinking of going with the Nitto 555r's since the car is street driven and i don't want to have to buy tires every 5k miles

the wheels are 17x10 with 25mm offset... and yes, i'm removing the quad shocks

thanks in advance for the help

Chris :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

here she is with the old 17x9 cobras just for reference, note: the car will be getting an eibach prokit and tokico blues along with the new wheels and tires

100_0096.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0096.jpg
    100_0096.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 31
ive got 285/40/17's regular 555's and a set of 275 mickey t's if u want some pictures let me know, just maybe just me but i hate nitto 555R's there horrible for wear, just get the plain 555's or get some mickey thompsons if u want something sticky, i have them and they outlast the nitto's just to help you out, however u can put 315's on your coupe with just a hammer but only in a cheap summitomo brand or nitto 555R's for SOME reason they run smaller than any other 315's(because there junk crap) that are the same width as nitto 285's lol??? what a cluster F*** right?, lol sorry ive been in the tire buisness for too long. hope i helped and didnt confuse the crap out of you

thanks IHRAnotch.. are the regular 555s just radials and not drag radials?? i was hoping for something with a little more bite

discounttiredirect.com has 555r in this size 275/40R-17 93 B for $159, how will this size fit/look?

it would look fantastic, and yea the 555 is just a radial, , sounds like ur mods u need to go ahead and spring for the mickey thomspons for and extra 30 bucks a piece, i promise u theyll last longer than the nittos...oowa oowa oowa

thanks guys, and thanks for the compliment on my car ihranotch93, it's a work in progress :nice:

any more opinions out there on which size/brand would be best?

how much life can i expect to get out of a drag radial? 5k miles? 10k? 20k miles? i heard the nitto's were better for the street and ET streets are best for the track because theyre very sticky, wear quickly, and sling rocks and grime all over the rear quarters of your car :shrug: school me if i'm wrong as this is not my strongest subject :D

P.S. my car is 100% street driven, seeing as the "closest" track is englishtown :notnice:

i have 275/40/17's on 17x10's on the back of my car. they're just nexen n3000's though, not drag radials.

DSCF0956.jpg

DSCF0957.jpg

DSCF0954.jpg

These shots make me want to run deeps in the back and 9's in the front. I have 8's in the front right now and 9's in the back. Those deep dishes are sexy as hell.

Attachments

• DSCF0956.jpg
    DSCF0956.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF0957.jpg
    DSCF0957.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0954.jpg
    DSCF0954.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 40
thanks IHRAnotch.. are the regular 555s just radials and not drag radials?? i was hoping for something with a little more bite

discounttiredirect.com has 555r in this size 275/40R-17 93 B for $159, how will this size fit/look?

thats a good size but if you really beat the inner fenders i think that you would squeeze a 315 under the car, ive seen an article on 5.0 and super fords where they did it and it worked/looked awesome.

well then honeslty then id just get some 555's theyll be great if u dont race the car alot, and i had the 555'rs before i got the mt's and mt's last so much long all the way around it makes no sense i know, but since u dont race it the 275/40/17 standard radial gets my vote
for you!! if ur not doing dead stop take offs all the time balls to the wall then a 555 is perfect for you and they last an eternity