Tires too small... continued (pics)

babino

Founding Member
May 20, 2002
If you caught my original post First Thread you know I'm not happy with the new wheels and tires I put on (sizes the problem, not the quality of the products):

Deep Dish Bullitts - 18x10 rear 18x9 front
Kuhmo Ecsta MX - 295/35/18 rear 275/35/18 front

So far I can tell that the Kuhmos are great tires :nice: and the wheels look spectacular :drool: but the gap between the wheel well and the tires is too much for me to handle. So, I came to the conclusion that I needed lowering springs to reduce that gap. I purchased the Ford B springs to get the lowering I think I need and keep some of the smoothness (compared to the B springs).

WILL THAT 1.25" FRONT DROP AND 1" REAR BE ENOUGH? Or, do I need to go lower or with something else all together to make it look better? (cost is a factor which is why I'm going with the B springs) You be the judge... :shrug:

front_side-1.jpg

front_side-3.jpg

ft_corner-2.jpg

lt_corner-7.jpg

profile-1.jpg

rear-5.jpg

rear_side-4.jpg

All thoughts and ideas are welcome!!! Please!

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Dan_Soprano said:
Well might as well take it 4x4ing first with that lift!!!! :rlaugh:
I say go with a 1 1/4 drop all around... thats what I did. Pics in Sig.

Very funny... :rolleyes: but true nonetheless :D

If the B springs advertise a 1.2" front 1" rear drop should I consider cutting the springs at all for the extra 1/4" or so? or go with different springs?

Here is the link to them...
Ford Racing B Springs

Steeda over C Springs?

SVTStang03 said:
Go with a set of Steeda Sport Springs...

They look to have about the same amount of lowering (1" to 1 1/4"). Is there any reason other than the brand name of Steeda that these should be considered a better fit for my purpose?

Thanks for your advise!

Worry Bee thats me

millatime said:
you'll be fine quit worrying about it and just do it

I always overanalyze pretty much everything, but it usually ends up for the best since I've been convinced one way or the other having no regrets. I can't seem to feel good about anything other than the fact that it needs to be lowered, but with what for my current situation (get rid of that gap!)?

Steeda? Ford Racing Springs? Are they all going to lower the car enough for me to be happy and not look to low or be too high?

:bang:

I already ordered the C Springs, but if there is a better alternative I'm all ears... (better, but not too expensive since the install is $300+ just for the springs and an alignment)

Thanks!

If I had a digital camera I would go out and take some pics of my c springs for you...in my opinion perfect drop for a daily driver-not too much but enough. They are low enough where you have to take it really easy over speed bumps but enough that you can tell its lowered if you look at it. The way it should have come from the factory in my opinion

Need more people like you in Utah

millatime said:
by the way...if you lived close to me I would do it for a hundred bucks

Thanks! :nice: Next time I'm crusin' in Palm Harbor I'll buy you a beer for the gesture. :cheers:

Anyone like 'Millatime' live in Utah???

I have B springs and couldn't be happier. The perfect Mustang drop....and B springs are a bit softer than the C's if you are conserned about ride harshness. The B and C provide the same drop as far as I know, it's a toss up. Alot cheaper than Eibach or Steeda, B and C's only $130.

Also get some shocks and struts to go along with the drop, you'll regret it if you don't. You can get Mach 1 tokico's for only $170, good buy :)

Red35th said:
I have B springs and couldn't be happier. The perfect Mustang drop....and B springs are a bit softer than the C's if you are conserned about ride harshness. The B and C provide the same drop as far as I know, it's a toss up. Alot cheaper than Eibach or Steeda, B and C's only $130.

Also get some shocks and struts to go along with the drop, you'll regret it if you don't. You can get Mach 1 tokico's for only $170, good buy :)

Where can I get them for $170 (PM if necessary)? If I'm in this car for a couple more years shocks and struts seem like a good investment. Thanks!

Different Lowering Values Among Retailers - Ford B Springs

Red35th said:

Does the '99 that you have equal about the same height as my '03 GT stock? Just making sure since nobody with an '03 GT has chimed in. Also, when shopping for the B spring, partshopper has a different description for the amount of lowering compared to what gefracing.com shows:

GEF B Spring M-5300B Description

Partshopper B Spring M5300B Description

If partshopper is right and the drops are only 7/8" front and 1/2" rear I'll be fuming...

Sorry to keep dragging this on, but I need to be sure now! I can't afford to spend $400 plus to get everything installed and not be happy with it. Thanks!