to go 4 valve or not?

rw98gt

Jun 26, 2006
peabody, ma
i'm thinking about a 4valve swap. currently i have a gt w/aode and i'm wondering how difficult it would be to do the swap i'm no master tech.
my car is supercharged pushing about 11 lbs, BBK 75mm throttle body,
C&L plenum, 80mm mas, 30lb injectors w/diablo sport tune. i'm thinking
i have about 300hp to the wheels but i still have a set of pi heads w/comp cams 270's with bee hive springs and pi intake that i'm just about ready to install. so i am wondering if i should realy even be thinking 4 valve at all. i
have been told that the pi set i have will add more than 100hp with my current set up so it's quite possible that i could have 400hp or better just with the pi swap instead of the complete motor swap for 315hp.
i'm looking at a mach1 motor and trans for $4500 come with the wiring harness computer and cross member. i don't know, what should i do?????

• Sponsors (?)

A PI swap will do you right without the hassle of going 4v. If you knew the motor in and out, had all the tools and parts ready, then yeah, go for it... but a PI swap will still net you numbers that are capable of breaking your stock internals.

When it comes to boost, 4'vs are excellent, but you can make a SICK 2v.

One thing to keep in mind, PI heads on a NPI shortblock will raise your compression ratio around 1 point. More compression generally isn't best when it comes to boost. Might want to think that out a little. Doubt it will put you too high, but might want to look into that.