To lower or not to lower

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
I have been thinking I want to upgrade my suspension a bit, add SFCs that are STILL hanging on my wall, and maybe some lowerign springs withs new shocks/struts.

K well these are some chops I have done. Yes these were done in paintshop, I know, I'm a G.
original
100_0369.jpg

lowered
stanglowered1.jpg

lowered quite abit, just for some fun
stanglowered2.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0369.jpg
    100_0369.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 29
  • stanglowered1.jpg
    stanglowered1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 32
  • stanglowered2.jpg
    stanglowered2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Sponsors (?)

Definetly lower it. I put FRPP "C" springs with monroes shocks on mine... dropped the front a good bit. The rear is still kinda high, but I can live with that look.

My only concern is that if I lower it too much, my track times will suffer, I don't REALLY care bout my times, but I would like to see some 13s on DRs and these might hurt my weight transfer quite a bit. Basically I have 1100 bucks burning a HUGE hole in my pocket and I want to spend a lil. I want to buy an explorer intake and MAYBE some gt40p heads with it then the rest of it is still up for grabs, 5 lug conversion? just lower?(i really do like the ponies on my car) used s/c? I'm undecided, but I'm bout to have to get new tires, so some of that is gonna go.

I also want the look in the second pic, give me a spring that'll do that and I'm there. I am still contemplating buying fastfox's springs, I gotta check my pm's to remember what springs they are. hang on

i saw lower it some, do the heads and intake like you said and see how much you have left over after getting the sub frames in, unless you doing them yourself. Either way spend a little on the stang, and save the rest for the stang later. build it up and save it for something bigger you want.

I will install the SFCs myself. Along with the springs. I am gonna pick them up from fast fox, that is if he still wants to sell them, I live around 25 min away from him, depending where he is in alpharetta. My shocks/struts are around 3 years old and they are cheapy kind. I'll let you know what I wanna do after talking with the parental units and getting some funds moved around.

I want some silver ROHs, but funds just don't allow it right now, maybe around christmas time, but that might defeat the purpose of me getting new tires, maybe wait for the lower and a few more bucks to come in before I get new tires, these probably have a few k more miles on em.