To Stroke or not to Stroke...

• Sponsors (?)

I hope I can let you know in a few weeks! I purchased their 347 Street Fighter long block with AFR 185's rated at 400+ HP and 420 lbs tourque. I can tell you they have a great reputation, which was one of the main reasons I chose them. they were also excellent to deal with and spent the time to answer all of my questions and delivered ahead of schedule.

I had some problems with them with a kit I bought. The stuff was of good quality, but they seemd to have the hardest time getting a kit together where all the parts matched. I would trust them for a short block, but the kit is hit and miss.

I would almost look at the dominator short block. for only about 1k more you get a sportsman block, forged crank (along with forged everything else), and main girdle. I would ask to switch to flat tops and you have a pretty much bullet proof block!

I bought just shy of a full short block from them back in 99 (IIRC). I've got 20k+ miles on it with no probelms (no oil consumption, piston skirt issues, etc). My 347 with out of the box Trick Flow heads, out of the box Holley 650 (adjusted, but not modified), and a wuss of a cam made 340 rwhp and 335 rwtq