TONS of driving impressions over at Brad's...

• Sponsors (?)

szer0 said:
:shrug: It's difficult to have many popular forums in a single niche.

I agree. Just seems like natural selection is starting to take hold. Used to be I could find basically the same info at both sites so I just stuck with this one. But seems like this one is starting to lag behind. I dunno... Haven't seen some people like 351CJ post here in a while...

HairyCanary said:
The "old timers" have migrated over to Brad's, because SN gets all the repeat newbie questions over and over...
And you don't get idiots like that srt4life guy who thinks his neon is a race car
It's fun having both forums. messing with srt4life was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

66Satellite said:
I agree. Just seems like natural selection is starting to take hold. Used to be I could find basically the same info at both sites so I just stuck with this one. But seems like this one is starting to lag behind. I dunno... Haven't seen some people like 351CJ post here in a while...

I'm not spending as much time on the computer, I'm trying to enjoy what's left of summer before it's gone. (Catching up this afternoon, it's raining).

I still read many of the threads here on Stangnet, but I just don't want to bother posting. There are too many 14 year old kids trolling for an argument and too many topics that I could give a crap about, GTO, supposed 2007 Camaro (If I wanted to read about those cars I'd imagine I'd be over on some GM site). :rolleyes:

HairyCanary said:
The "old timers" have migrated over to Brad's, because SN gets all the repeat newbie questions over and over...

I know what you mean I think people cant use the search feature.

Will 275's fit an 8 inch rim?
Wheres the IAC?
Which exhaust is best?
4:10's or 3:73's?
Can I beat ______ car?
SRT-4 ownz joo!

351CJ said:
I'm not spending as much time on the computer, I'm trying to enjoy what's left of summer before it's gone. (Catching up this afternoon, it's raining).

I still read many of the threads here on Stangnet, but I just don't want to bother posting. There are too many 14 year old kids trolling for an argument and too many topics that I could give a crap about, GTO, supposed 2007 Camaro (If I wanted to read about those cars I'd imagine I'd be over on some GM site). :rolleyes:

Glad to see you're still here. So what did you think of those driving impression threads? They sounded encouraging with no big surprises to me anyway. I can't wait to see the magazine reviews which should apparently be out in another month or so.

Yeah, there's a ton of info there, and most of people are a lot more mature than in some of the forums here. Not necessarily older, but a lot more polite and respectful of other people. And you won't see those inane threads like you see in 4.6 talk.

I was one of the drivers who wrote up a review on Brad's site. I used to come here a lot, not posting, but just looking. As others have said, the people on Brad's site, are, on the whole, a bit more mature, so I spend most of my time there.

An easy address to remember for his site is http://www.themustangsource.com which will redirect you to the address someone posted above.

66Satellite said:
Glad to see you're still here. So what did you think of those driving impression threads? They sounded encouraging with no big surprises to me anyway. I can't wait to see the magazine reviews which should apparently be out in another month or so.

When I spoke to the a Ford engineering manager at one of the '05 stang showings, he said the biggest difference between the 99-04 and the '05 is the '05's the level of refinement. Most of the reviews over on Brad's site seem to say the same thing, which is exactly what I want to hear. I think I've out grown my rude and crude 2001 GT.

351CJ said:
When I spoke to the a Ford engineering manager at one of the '05 stang showings, he said the biggest difference between the 99-04 and the '05 is the '05's the level of refinement. Most of the reviews over on Brad's site seem to say the same thing, which is exactly what I want to hear. I think I've out grown my rude and crude 2001 GT.

Yeah, rude and crude has its place, but it's in the 60s, where they did it a lot better anyway.

351CJ said:

If you think the current mustang is rude and crude, you need to go for a ride in my 66 fb. I has no manners what so ever. fun as hell though.