Took Stang out for a short errand

glowstang93

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Feb 9, 2003
Illinois
This is the first winter that I don't have to DD my stang after over 15 hrs. I took it out for a short errand yesterday, first time to drive it in like 2 months. Foxes drive so different than new cars, but they are so much more fun. She is all cleaned up for a car show tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I know those of you that put yours up for the Winter know what a good feeling it is to drive it finally again. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going on 6 years. Hoping i can drive it again by July
Holy cow! You really think you will get it going this summer? That would be kick ass, need pics of you cruising it...... and we can tell if you just photochop Howie Mandel in a Stang :nono:

:D

No, its a very small show in Noble Illinois. Just something close, nothing that spectacular.

Yes, 10 holes are back on. I hope to get some pictures tomorrow, some that are at least taken in 2009 with them on.

Holy cow! You really think you will get it going this summer? That would be kick ass, need pics of you cruising it...... and we can tell if you just photochop Howie Mandel in a Stang :nono:

:D

There really isn't a hole hell of a lot left to do. I have a full week coming off of work and i'm gathing parts to bang it out. After that it's just a matter of going through the engine to tune it up and get it ready to fire up.

Well, the weather was just perfect today; cool in the morning and a little warmer in the afternoon. Top 25 and I got nothing out of the 35 or so that entered. Either the judges were blind or the people adding scores screwed up. I don't know, didn't really need another plaque to hang up anyway :rolleyes:

During the show I took pictures and after did some outside pics. Really haven't taken any recent pics with the 10 holes, so it was time.

I have the pics loading up on photo bucket now. Will post some on this post and the rest on a pic whoring post. At least I know fellow stangers appreciate my car, thanks buds :cheers:

Well, the weather was just perfect today; cool in the morning and a little warmer in the afternoon. Top 25 and I got nothing out of the 35 or so that entered. Either the judges were blind or the people adding scores screwed up. I don't know, didn't really need another plaque to hang up anyway :rolleyes:

During the show I took pictures and after did some outside pics. Really haven't taken any recent pics with the 10 holes, so it was time.

I have the pics loading up on photo bucket now. Will post some on this post and the rest on a pic whoring post. At least I know fellow stangers appreciate my car, thanks buds :cheers:
Sometimes the car show judges are just dumb asses. My Cobra lost to a 99 T/A with pited wheels, two dents, sand on the seats and bald tires :shrug: It happens, dosent meen it dosent piss ya off but it happens :notnice:

Weather out east turned out nice too, went by the other garage and cleaned up a bit, can't wait to get back into my car! I don't go to shows to win, the trophy's inevitably go to guys who either try way to hard to impress judges, or guys who don't care if they won- I go to get a good parking spot! If 1 person told you your car is nice, you won.

I agree Strippt, a kind comment is better than any trophy.
may09029.jpg