top speed 4:10's in 4th ????????

• Sponsors (?)

After a bunch of highway blasts, I have decided I do not like 410s on the highway because I can no longer keep it in 4th gear. You have to shift into 5th at about 125, and that means if your racing at around 110 or more in 4th your way up there in the revs and once you shift into 5th, you lose ALOT of acceleration. Oh well, now the fun just stops at 125 lol instead 150 or 160 or whatever...I would not know :)

basically, I run away from most, until the top of fourth, then it is about time to let off anyways, and then some of the cars pass me. But yeah 125 in a 60, and coming up on traffic, better have good brakes. just curious, I was told that I should still hit 154 in fourth, and thought because of bad vibrations, the car was looseing power. This is where a blower comes in to play right, and maybe some cams? anybody have any extra money? chris

That sounds about right. I run a Tremec 5 speed in my Capri, and I go through the traps (at the end of the 1/4 mile) at about 106 turning 5,800 RPM with a 235/60/15 drag radial (a 26.1" tall tire, about the same diameter as your tire.

from reading your responses, I think the cobra's allright. I did turn the driveshaft three times, to get the vibrations down, that was a pain, in the driveway. Thanks for all the help, that gear comparison page was very informative. chris

I just used to like how with my 327s I could be in 4th gear going 120 and not have to keep my revs at 5k and more. Honestly Im too scared to shift into 5th at 125ish and keep my foot planted.
Oh and yes good brakes do help...I recommend powerslots slotted rotors and hawk pads.(nice improvement over stock)