TOP SPEED ANYONE???

ok, well, first of all, I'm not an idiot... I know I have no chance in hell that I could hit those speeds on the street... my personal best is 145 on highway 97 down to Oregon... very few cars can actually hit 200 on the street... believe me, I realize how much resistance there is... :D second... I didn't read your sig, and for that I appologize, but all you had to do is say you had 3.73s, and I'd admit fault, not start an insulting thread here... no one really needs another one of those on here, there's too many to begin with :nice: but last... I hope you realize that it's not just horsepower that makes a car fast... maybe quick, but not fast... if you do, I feel sorry for you.

-also, yes, that was my car, with me driving, that car actually hit that speed, before the tires started to warp, and I have it on video too... tyler B can vouch for that... and as far as the gay/guys comment... well, how many girls do you see at a dyno event :rlaugh: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

About 4 years ago I got up to 140 or so racing another Stang on 20. I know it was a bad idea and all, but it was 4 in the morning I was just getting off of work and decided to get on it. No harm no foul, right? Out here in England I mananged to get up to 140 on the motorway.

i have a 94 5.0 5spd currently and have not topped it out yet! my previous 96 gt with a 4.6 and 5spd ran very well and i did 145 with about 500rpm to go before redline. the car was very fast and it was stock except for a k&n. i think it was one of the freak cars from ford because it wasnt weak. i sold it because i was gettin in to too much trouble. i miss that car!

top speed

:spot: I thought the 94-95's had a 155 speed limiter. Look it up on on a google search or something...but I know I've hit that cause I had the mph needle at the fourth digit on the odometer. That was with nitrous oxide in fifth gear on the freeway.

no, believe me... they don't :rlaugh: and they handle in a vaccume quite well :rlaugh: with the suspension they have stock, 140 is about the most I'd ever want to push it... every little bump in the road feels like you're being launched into the air :nonono: --- not good :D starting in 96, they put the speed limiter on it... but I believe all our cars have is that rev limiter, but depending on what plant your's was built in, it could be either 6200rpm, or 7,000 rpm... either one is well into the redline :D

viperos said:
... but I believe all our cars have is that rev limiter, but depending on what plant your's was built in, it could be either 6200rpm, or 7,000 rpm... either one is well into the redline :D
All EFI 86-up 5.0L HO's have a 6250rmp factory fuel cut off regardless of what year or where it was built. If anyone’s tach is reading beyond that when their up to speed, it's either had some sort of aftermarket RPM extender added, or it’s out to lunch……which is notorious with Ford gauges. My tach only reads 5900rpm when it cuts out.

viperos said:
well, I've had it pretty much up to that, w/o any cut off... and I am positive my tach is perfectly accurate... had that checked right after I bought my car, for safty reasons... I hit that rpm because I was used to autos, and forgot to shift to third on the freeway :eek:

You hit 7000rpm :shrug: ...I'm surprised the stock components held and that they even let you flow that much...mine just absolutlely died when I had the stock heads, lower intake, and all @ 6000...that isn't the case no more...

cobra259 said:
I did peg my speedo on I-75 a few years ago..over 160! She was haging tight! I'm sure she whould easly do 175 with my current mods.

What are you current mods?...175 is fast for stock suspension and ride height and "ground effects"...but it's possible...just curious to what the jist' of your mods are...

5spd GT:
My mods are: AFR 165's,Extrude honed upper & Lower,custom cam,65 mm t/boby,pro-m 75mm,stock 24#inj's,bbk cold air,adj f/pre.reg, stock 1.7 rollers, subs,steeda adj uppers,mega bite jr lowers,255f/pump,superchip,3:55's
Dynoyed:280rwhp& 315rwtq.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
When I did 160+ I didn't have the cam or the AFR's.