Tork Tech Kit finally came

bakos24

I find there is nothing better than a tasty wiener
Nov 29, 1999
NE, OH
:banana::banana::banana:

Well, after waiting 2 and a half months my Tork Tech kit finally arrived :D I am hoping to have it on in about 2 weeks and will also have it dyno tuned and will let you guys and gals know the results. :nice:
And now, without further ado..............:pics:

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

Also, my new hood. Steeda cowl. Still needs painted...Duh!

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

When everything is all ready I will start a new thread with some numbers and some before and after pics.
I will also be adding new Hotchkis 2" lowering springs. Fidanza aluminum flywheel with new TOB(mine has been bad for a few years) and a few other little things that I will show.
:banana:
View attachment 255374

• Sponsors (?)

$240? I can see that for the hood but is that what the shipping from Tork Tech charges?

Anyway, looks greatmang, cant waitto see what she does! :nice: Why 2.5 months though?

So that's what $240 worth of shipping looks like. Very nice man, I know how the waiting game goes

Yeah, came in three boxes. All very well packaged :nice:

$240? I can see that for the hood but is that what the shipping from Tork Tech charges?

Anyway, looks greatmang, cant waitto see what she does! Why 2.5 months though?

They actually charged $260 for shipping. 1 box was 70 some pounds, another box 40 some and then the last box about 30 lbs.
Not sure why it too so long. When I first placed the order, they said about 4-6 weeks because they were waiting on the manifolds to be molded. About 8 weeks go by, I talk to the guy and then said they were waiting on the MAF's to come in :shrug: So who knows. I am just happy I finally got it. :D

The story I got was that they had some suply issues due to the recent dump in the economy. Some of the supliers they had lined up for their suporting hardware had gone belly up, or couldn't fullfill their needs, so they've been scrambling to find new ones.

You do realize you're now going to have to send that inlet elbow out to bet polished too, in order for it to look right? :D That and you're going to have to start going over your engine bay with a fine tooth comb every time you wash the car.

"Bling" is nice, but you've got to stay on top of it. That's more of a commitment that I'd want. If I ever end up getting on of their kits, the first thing I'm going to do is paint the blower a nice, low maintenance coat of Satin Black. ;)

They actually charged $260 for shipping. 1 box was 70 some pounds, another box 40 some and then the last box about 30 lbs.
Not sure why it too so long. When I first placed the order, they said about 4-6 weeks because they were waiting on the manifolds to be molded. About 8 weeks go by, I talk to the guy and then said they were waiting on the MAF's to come in :shrug: So who knows. I am just happy I finally got it. :D

Glad to hear that you finally got it, looks nice. Any idea when we can see some numbers? :thumbs:

edit: $260 shipping? Aren't they in Ohio just like you? :shrug:

Glad to hear that you finally got it, looks nice. Any idea when we can see some numbers? :thumbs:

edit: $260 shipping? Aren't they in Ohio just like you? :shrug:

Hopefully in about two weeks I will have some numbers for you guys. :nice:
There sales dept is in OH, but they manufacture and ship out of OR. I am not sure if they charge shipping based on where you are located or if it is just a flat rate :shrug:

Kit looks really nice! Congrats!

I feel ya on the waiting game, we have one (TT kit) we've been waiting for for a LONG time too.
I just wish they didn't raise their price on me after we bought it, now they want another $400.

I can't see $260 shipping either, but whatever floats their boat. We ship blower kits with intercoolers all the time Coast to Coast for about $75-$85. I ship built shortblocks Coast to Coast for about $250-$300.

Overall, we're very excited to try out their kits, it a nice alternative to the Saleen series 2 or 4 with the Lysholm.