Towing Question

Ok, so i bought a 90 mustang gt from an impound lot, and i had to have it towed out to my house, well when they towed it here, they didnt use a flatbed- and when the used the wrecker the didnt take the drive shaft out, they did however put it in Neutral (AOD mind u) SO my question is, did they mess up my transmission by not pulling the driveshaft or, putting it on a flatbed?

• Sponsors (?)

hllon4whls said:
IMO no. It does depend on how many miles they towed it. Chances are you are OK.
Neutral is neutral, if it was done while in gear then the engine would have been turning over at the same time the whole way. Put it like this, all that moves while the transmission is in gear going down the road, was moving at the same time, minus the input shaft forward (including the engine).

87'GTstang said:
Neutral is neutral, if it was done while in gear then the engine would have been turning over at the same time the whole way. Put it like this, all that moves while the transmission is in gear going down the road, was moving at the same time, minus the input shaft forward (including the engine).

Not exactly. The engine is running the pump is pumping fluid and lubing the entire unit. Keep in mind this is an AOD.

But I do agree that everything is probably OK.

This brings up a good point. Towing with the rear wheel on the grong in netrual isn't good for ANY trans, Auto or manual. hllon4whls is correct though. A short tow out to your house from where you got it isn't much to be concerned with.