Roush Toying with the idea...

I'm toying with the idea of selling my '87 so I can set myself up for a s351 purchase this fall. Im not totally convinced on selling this car, I just figured i'd throw it out there and see if I got any interest. So here are the details...

Asking Price: $8500
1987 #65
Dark Metallic Grey
Grey Interior
Silver Stripes
Silver Basket Wheels

The car has the original shift knob and radio/eq, both in great condition, and the interior is super clean and correct (steering wheel included). The only thing "correct" it lacks is the floor mats, which the replicas are currently being worked on, and would make for an easy fix.

I have also added some Maximum Motorsports and FRPP Parts to this car which include: lower control arms, upper control arms, subframe connectors, c/c plates, front control arms. The car also has bbk shorty headers, offroad h pipe, and underdriver pullies for engine mods. I have also added stainless steel brake lines and new hawk hp plus pads to the brakes.

There are 2 downsides to this car.
1) It was wrecked back in 98 and repaired rather well, but in the future the car will have to have something addressed. It drives straight and fine, really nothing to worry about, but if interested i'll explain when needed

2) The car was painted above the belt line, and the front valence was painted. The rear valence is off an '88 and the paint is in fantastic condition. The car really only needs a new set of side stripes to really shine.

If you are a serious buyer, please call my cell and we can talk and I can send you pics, ect. The car is located in Charleston, SC. Pics will be sent on request, I have some very detailed photos of the car that are very large and can really accurately show its condition to a potential buyer who is not local.

Please only call, and only call if your a serious buyer.
843-270-3470

• Sponsors (?)

I'm toying with the idea of selling my '87 so I can set myself up for a s351 purchase this fall. Im not totally convinced on selling this car, I just figured i'd throw it out there and see if I got any interest. So here are the details...

Asking Price: $8500
1987 #65
Dark Metallic Grey
Grey Interior
Silver Stripes
Silver Basket Wheels

The car has the original shift knob and radio/eq, both in great condition, and the interior is super clean and correct (steering wheel included). The only thing "correct" it lacks is the floor mats, which the replicas are currently being worked on, and would make for an easy fix.

I have also added some Maximum Motorsports and FRPP Parts to this car which include: lower control arms, upper control arms, subframe connectors, c/c plates, front control arms. The car also has bbk shorty headers, offroad h pipe, and underdriver pullies for engine mods. I have also added stainless steel brake lines and new hawk hp plus pads to the brakes.

There are 2 downsides to this car.
1) It was wrecked back in 98 and repaired rather well, but in the future the car will have to have something addressed. It drives straight and fine, really nothing to worry about, but if interested i'll explain when needed

2) The car was painted above the belt line, and the front valence was painted. The rear valence is off an '88 and the paint is in fantastic condition. The car really only needs a new set of side stripes to really shine.

If you are a serious buyer, please call my cell and we can talk and I can send you pics, ect. The car is located in Charleston, SC. Pics will be sent on request, I have some very detailed photos of the car that are very large and can really accurately show its condition to a potential buyer who is not local.

Please only call, and only call if your a serious buyer.
843-270-3470

Tim,
What will you use for a daily driver?? I wouldn't recommand using the big boy for use daily. You need to swing it to keep the 87 (assuming no car payment) for daily use and the 351 for the weekend toy?? If I could do it when I was going to college @ 19 in California with the 85 paid off and the payment on my lightning, you can do it too:nice: I don't want to hear you cant afford it either!!!:p

well, I got a friend selling a 95 explorer for $2k...I was wanting that for a daily, and take this time with no car payment to handle some credit card and to save up for the s351. It seems everytime I have spare money I just buy something for the fox...which lets me never pay off a credit card, and i'll never get an s351 that way (and the s351 is the car I really want)

well, I got a friend selling a 95 explorer for $2k...I was wanting that for a daily, and take this time with no car payment to handle some credit card and to save up for the s351. It seems everytime I have spare money I just buy something for the fox...which lets me never pay off a credit card, and i'll never get an s351 that way (and the s351 is the car I really want)

Buy a copy of Quicken, use this budget worksheet http://financialplan.about.com/library/n_budget.htm, and stick to a plan every month!

Make yourself feel guilty for spending anything outside your budget. This way you can enjoy the fox Saleen while you save for the S351.

Open a seperate savings account and have a certain amount of your paycheck directly deposited to someone like https://www.emigrantdirect.com/EmigrantDirectWeb/index.jsp
or
http://home.ingdirect.com/

If it comes out of your paycheck automatically, you will never see the money and adjust your spending accordingly.

Tim,
What will you use for a daily driver?? I wouldn't recommand using the big boy for use daily. You need to swing it to keep the 87 (assuming no car payment) for daily use and the 351 for the weekend toy?? If I could do it when I was going to college @ 19 in California with the 85 paid off and the payment on my lightning, you can do it too:nice: I don't want to hear you cant afford it either!!!:p

+ 1.

Anyone that has ever owned an S351, no matter what year will tell you it's not a car for a daily driver. Once you own one it will be a love hate relationship anyway let alone convincing her to be your daily driver. She will hate you for it.:D

I agree.....keep the '87, save money to pay cash for a daily driver, pay off the credit cards by getting yourself on a strict budget, save money to buy the S351....PAY CASH. Never pay intrest on a auto loan, what scense does that make?

The scecret is to LIVE on less than you earn!

I agree about a budget and after that do what you want. Sounds like you have a plan for another daily driver and a s351 is a goal. Nothing wrong with that.

Never pay intrest on a auto loan, what scense does that make?

Simple interest vs. compound interest vs. inflation... If a person is diligent with their budget, plans on keeping the car long term, and gets a low interest loan he can come out ahead in 1-2 years money wise.

The Animal is stock now! When it was up there in hp the issue I had was with who built the big motor in it. It wouldn't stay together because of poor machine work and someone elses ideas on what should work! The current issue is a fuel system that is getting replaced! It cost me one motor! She has had a few tough years though.

I couldn't and wouldn't use mine as a daily driver mainly because of the HP and strain it would be on the car. The S351 is in just such a position I would imagine. 500+hp doesn't make for a daily driver. I'd love to have an S351 but it would be a weekend toy only and right now I can't afford that myself. BUT after the Harley is paid for........................... :)

spend $2500 on a good h/c/i setup for the fox.
That should keep you content for a while, why you save up.
You will literally be amazed at what kind of power 325rwhp all motor is in a fox.
May not be a huge number on paper, just remember it's way lighter than any of the competition.

Around 3200, maybe little more.
My buddy ran 11.89@116 in a full weight 89 gt (on drag suspension) with 316rwhp.

The car my engine setup is modelled after, ran 12.2@115mph on a roadrace suspension (maximum kit, with PHB and TA) on bfg drag radials on cobra R's.

As far as power to weight ratio, a fox takes 1st out of any mustang model, easily.

In a street race, i'd take a 325rwhp fox, over any 400rwhp mustang 94+

Within a week of getting my car done, i incinerated a set of rear tires.