TPMS Woes... What are you guys doing about this?

gashog

Dec 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
Hi Guys,
I got new wheels and tires, and i'm having trouble finding a place that will move the TPMS over to the new wheels.

Where are you guys going to get this done and how much is it going to cost? Dealer quoted me like 400 because they said you can't move the sensors... :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Go with Discount tire. $22.50 for the bands (all 4) and install. Just be sure you haven't mounted the tires yet as they quoted me $25 per wheel to break them down and mount them back. $137 for bands and install. Reused the stock sensors. Way better, in my opinion, than the $4-500 from the stealership.

Go with Discount tire. $22.50 for the bands (all 4) and install. Just be sure you haven't mounted the tires yet as they quoted me $25 per wheel to break them down and mount them back. $137 for bands and install. Reused the stock sensors. Way better, in my opinion, than the $4-500 from the stealership.

Awesome, I forgot about them. I just called them up and they said they can do it. Thanks! :nice:

Anywhere like Discount Tire in the NJ/PA/NY area? (I've been thinking about new wheels for a while & this was the only thing holding me off)

If you order a wheel & tire combo from tirerack.com they charge about $300 to put new TPMS sensors on whatever wheels you choose. That's what I'm probably going to do once I decide if I want new wheels & tires this season.

If you order a wheel & tire combo from tirerack.com they charge about $300 to put new TPMS sensors on whatever wheels you choose. That's what I'm probably going to do once I decide if I want new wheels & tires this season.

Got a quote back from the guy at discount said it won't be more than $100 guaranteed.

I have a friend at a supplier that uses specific software to interface with traction control.

step 1. have software that will talk to instrument cluster; not the PCM. still plugs in through OBD port, so someone may have something...
step 2. figure out bit code that determines what telltales the cluster is listening for.
step 3. Read code, flip specific bit, load new code.

Doesn't touch PCM reflash.

Tom

edit: Dang! forgot:

step 4. ???
step 5. Profit!

I have a friend at a supplier that uses specific software to interface with traction control.

step 1. have software that will talk to instrument cluster; not the PCM. still plugs in through OBD port, so someone may have something...
step 2. figure out bit code that determines what telltales the cluster is listening for.
step 3. Read code, flip specific bit, load new code.

Doesn't touch PCM reflash.

Tom

edit: Dang! forgot:

step 4. ???
step 5. Profit!

crapola

how can I use that?!

:Zip2: