TR-6060 in :)

• Sponsors (?)

It's a piece of cake. I've done one for a guy recently. Swap the tranny, crossmember, driveshaft modification, different clutch package, shifter and some hydraulic upgrades depending on which way you go. I'm just curious about why chad9350 would start a thread like this with nothing more than the information he has in the 2 posts. So far it's a talk oriented thread.

the 'tech' part is there if you look...

... the is no driveshaft mod. From the dealership, you get trans, crossmember, shifer, and the same ds that comes stock on any S197.

The only 'mod' is about an inch cut back in factory shifter opening; and really all I needed was half that...

Put shaft in with suspended, about 3/4 in. of play... raised rear with jack to full, had more...

I do not see where the ds modification is needed...:shrug:

You used a 6060. I installed a T-56 which was used in the previous Cobras. That one requires the driveshaft modification. They are very similar transmissions, but yours (6060) is definitely the better choice for a few good reasons. All of the S-197 6 speed swaps were done with the T-56 until recently when the new 6060 GT500 version became available.

They are.

The 6060 chad 9350 is definitely the one to go with. It can handle more torque than the T56 and has better gear ratios. If you shop around and do the work yourself it can be done for around $2500. It depends on how and where you get the parts. For example, there was a 6060 on ebay that was removed from a GT500 that was turned into an auto track car. i think it sold for just over 1k.

...more than 2500...

:DTransmission and parts (shifter, plate, mount, crossmember, bolts, hardware)were more than 2500:( ; I did get them from a Ford dealer for the warranty, and the parts mgr. made sure I had EVERYTHING I needed; no looking it the misc. nuts, bolts, washers, clips and that bull****... all new :nice: and that the dealership is only 40min. away.

Ill pay for a little piece of mind and wanted everything new:D ... stabbing that new 26 spline into the new disc was a bit of a pain.

Drove from Lake Charles to New Orleans around 80-85, with a little stop and go in Baton Rouge and got 27mpg with 4.10's. The money saved in gas alone makes the conversion worth the money. High 1st gear; 40mph in first gear with 4.10.

I'm looking forward to see what I get after a week of my 20-30min commute to work in morning traffic... that'll be the true mpg test. Will post that next week.

We've got a bunch of Ford trucks and I'm lucky enough to get fleet pricing on Ford and Ford Racing parts. If you search around on the forums you'll find mustang gear heads that are Ford parts guys that sell other members stuff at close to fleet pricing. There's a guy on themustangsource.com that does that.

The person that purchased the transmission for me does over 200K worth of parts business through this Ford dealer/distributor (one of the largest Ford warehouses in the SE US), so I did get the price right. (No 600$ core charge, etc...)
I'm just including EVERYTHING $3200 shipped w/ every nut and bolt. Did you know that they just released a new tr-6060 this month? Something was changed; I'm not sure what, but I had to wait 4 extra days b/c of this. I'm curious to know what was changed myself; Ill post as soon as I find out.