track on the 19thh

00GTpony

Mar 10, 2007
Iam going to the track for the first time on the 19th.. Im pretty nervous.... Ive been going to a closed down parking lot in my town, to practice launching.. I cant get the car to hook.. any tipss?

• Sponsors (?)

ok well when you get up to the burnout box don't roll through the water. get in the burnout box and heat your tires up just a bit...when you stage i would say launch from around 2k...you are going to want to feather the clutch you don't want to just launch the car with all it's got you need to let the car grab the track and when you feel it hooking get on the pedel more...you should be full throttle quickly but not immediately if you are on street tires...the rest of the way down, drive it like you stole it...that's how i do it and i pull off 1.90s 60' foot times on street tires that have 30% tread left....usually i get 2.00s for my 60' foot times

i usually feather my clutch out around 2500 and as im letting the clutch out more im giving more gas too. I use that same method launching my bike and i cut 1.7s on a stock arm:D

I will be taking my stang to the track tomorrow with the 100 shot for the first time so we shall see how that goes.