Traction control >:-o

I am beginning to dislike the traction control on my 03 cobra! :mad:

So does anyone else seem to think that traction control is annoying?
It seems to come on at the worst time, it doesn't turn off quick enough and keeps coming back on, and on, and on... :bang: :nonono: :fuss:

Turning...
If I make a turn, and step on it (mildly) even if there even isn't any wheel spin, the TC comes on! I am stranded in the middle of an intersection bunny hopping! and embarrasing myself as if I can't drive.

Also It seems that if I hit the brakes while making a turn with the wheels cranked, the ABS comes on. I have had and driven other cars with ABS and never had this kind of stuff happen.

I live in Oregon so I have to deal with mild wheel spin often due to the rain. Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy the situation.

• Sponsors (?)

turn it off when you get in the car when the weather is nice. I leave mine off nice days and on on rainy ones. I hate it but I know numerous times the traction control has probably kept me from spinning out on wet curves and crashing the car.

Horsey jump

I guess my frustration might be the fact I am just getting used to driving 390 HP from driving a seemingly over-stated 130hp slo-cus (handles great though).

I really had a hard time in the first couple of weeks realizing that putting the pedal to the metal exponentially increases my speed compared to my slow ass focus (not to say that all focus are slow) I couldn't justify spending the 5-10 grand making my focus reliably faster (sc, upgraded tranny, wheels, nos, cams / valves / head job, headers) not to mention killing my 100k warranty.

So I went to look for a '05 GT, they didn't have one and presented me with a super deal on a new 2k3 dealer-dog for 26k. No one seems to buy SVTs here in Oregon? They had like 20 '04s on the lot when I went there at the end of October. Everyone seems to be interested in SUV's, MiniVans, Subarus and 4 cyl gold Honda Accords - YECH! :puke:

You can deal with the TC in a couple of different ways. First way is the cheapest (a.k.a. Free), just remember to turn it off every time you start the car. The TC is reset to "on" by default every time the car is started.

Or you could purchase one of these: http://www.partshopper.com/fordmustang/Items/PEP-TRACT-ADAPT.html ($60) This module will remember what state the TC was in and return it to that state whenever the vehicle is started. In other words once you turn TC off, it stays off until you manually turn it back on regardless of how many times the car is started or shut down.

Last but not least you could get one of the handheld programmers like the DiabloSport Predator ($400), which would allow you to permanently disable the TC in the ECM amoungst a host of other tuning parameters.

As for the ABS kicking in when turning... mine does the same thing in certain situations. Like rapid decceleration while turning into my driveway. It's just the nature of the ABS on a Mustang, not really refined as much as other manufacturers...

U.M.