Fox Traction Issues

For a good front spring rate look into some coilovers in he 150# range. Add some adj struts and shocks(strange engineering get my vote) and some Team z rear springs teamed with some better read control arms. I've got some new in the box TeamZ upper and lower control arms for sale if interested pm me.

PS-getting these cars(assuming manual trans) to "hook" with street tires on the street isn't going to happen.

• Sponsors (?)

Is that set up combo for 1/4 only ? Not sure what direction in going yet . Want it to have a nice ride & stance also. Thanks for the advice
My 86 has 150# maximum motorsports coilovers,cc plates,frame connectors,and rear control arms. Using the strange adj struts and shocks and team Z rear springs. Very streetable and rides way better than the eibach pro kit(which this system replaced). Now it isn't going to handle as well but for every day driving it works great IMO. Just not going to be able to throw it around in the curves(if that's something you like to do). I haven't even turned the struts to full soft-just using the street settings. It weight transfers very well and helped the straight line acceleration(still slightly spins in first and chirps 2nd/3rd gears-and that's with Nitto 555r 275/40-17 drag radials). You probably have 30-45 more hp than I do. This is the best suspension I've had on my mustangs for this type of driving(street/strip-straight line). I ran the eibach stuff for only 2 summers-maybe a few thousand miles. Liked the stance..not the ride/straight line performance.

My 86 has 150# maximum motorsports coilovers,cc plates,frame connectors,and rear control arms. Using the strange adj struts and shocks and team Z rear springs. Very streetable and rides way better than the eibach pro kit(which this system replaced). Now it isn't going to handle as well but for every day driving it works great IMO. Just not going to be able to throw it around in the curves(if that's something you like to do). I haven't even turned the struts to full soft-just using the street settings. It weight transfers very well and helped the straight line acceleration(still slightly spins in first and chirps 2nd/3rd gears-and that's with Nitto 555r 275/40-17 drag radials). You probably have 30-45 more hp than I do. This is the best suspension I've had on my mustangs for this type of driving(street/strip-straight line). I ran the eibach stuff for only 2 summers-maybe a few thousand miles. Liked the stance..not the ride/straight line performance.

Is that set up combo for 1/4 only ? Not sure what direction in going yet . Want it to have a nice ride & stance also. Thanks for the advice
My car drives just find on the street . I think it sits decent too
52918b2706f84b4070c7d31a5aca8fb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

How had traction issues with my fox since I got it . Recently discovered I have no pinion mount or snubber. Could this be causing my problem? Please help.

Chances are when the car was lowered,it was bottoming on the pinion snubber.
(dangerous !) Rather then shortening it,they just pulled it. I would get one back on
there and shorten as needed.

More to your question,no it is not causing your traction problem. A lot of good points
have been made. You could make significant gains in traction,without spending a ton of money.
Used stock springs work very well,and can be found very cheaply. Weld in frame connectors
with seat mounts are a must (any fox) Torque box reinforcement would be next. A little time
consuming,but not that difficult. After the install,i had mine welded. Next would be control arms.
Don't forget the bushings on the diff.

Stock rear springs. Coil overs in front 14-150. Tubular double adjustable upper and lowers. You dont need the quad shocks. Solid bushings. Pinion angle at -1.5- -2. Single adjustable shocks.

Reactions: 2 users
Have you found a solution

Drag radials do wonders for helping DD and traction. You can actually pull out quickly, or accelerate quickly from a stop without spinning the tires off. But you will never launch on the asphalt like you would at the track.

I'm sure there is some "street outlaw" guy who can, and obviously you can make improvements on it, but it will never be the same.

Joe

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users