Tranny help, PLEASE!!!

02Wanna64

Jun 4, 2011
Corcoran, Ca
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a 2002 Mustang GT convertible. Shes got 71,000 miles and runs perfect. I bought it with a slight chirp coming from under the car. I bought a stock clutch kit( pilot bearing and throw out bearing included) to replace it. I can only get my car about 1.5 feet in the air. I have everything unbolted and disconnected. Except, the two top bolts on the tranny. I am doin this swap on my own. Does anyone have any advice on getting these freakn things out besides, TAKE IT TO THE SHOP.:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

I've gone about getting to those two different ways. One method involved dropping the cross member and tail shaft down as low as I could get them without the engine hitting the firewall, then used a bunch of extensions over the top of the transmission. I've also gotten to them from the engine compartment, but the intake was off. I'd say lower the trans cross member and see if you can't get something on them.

For me, the hardest part of changing my clutch out was removing the stupid impossible-to-access starter bolt (Which is never going back in ever again!)

I've gone about getting to those two different ways. One method involved dropping the cross member and tail shaft down as low as I could get them without the engine hitting the firewall, then used a bunch of extensions over the top of the transmission. I've also gotten to them from the engine compartment, but the intake was off. I'd say lower the trans cross member and see if you can't get something on them.

For me, the hardest part of changing my clutch out was removing the stupid impossible-to-access starter bolt (Which is never going back in ever again!)

Your right about that dang starter bolt:mad:. I got it out though. I will try to lower the back end of the tranny, I just thought that if I did that it would bind the bolts and make it hard to actually get them out. Thanks for the repl:nice:y.

Your right about that dang starter bolt:mad:. I got it out though. I will try to lower the back end of the tranny, I just thought that if I did that it would bind the bolts and make it hard to actually get them out. Thanks for the repl:nice:y.

Nah, it should be alright.. Since you're moving the engine with the tranny, it shouldn't bind the bolts :nice: