Tranny Problems

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
This is thelike the second time it happens. When im slamming gears, instead of going into 4th it goes into 2nd. I know not good!!! But luckily I catch it before it revs up and ****s something up.

Now my question is will a short shfter help me out in eliminating this.????:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: My buddy with an LS1 6-speed said it happen to him a couple times. He said he just learned the tranny and it doesn't happen any more...Maybe some practice will help me out to. But if a short shirter helps ill buy it.

• Sponsors (?)

when I drive my car hard I tend to sit up straighter and more forward
this helps you coordinate your shifts better
if you are leaned back in your seat i would bet you would tend to misshift more often.
and a short shifter will definately help

Guero, the last stock-shifter T56 I rowed through was impossible to find gears with. With the way you nail shifts, it sounds like an aftermarket shifter would really help you out.....

Thats an answer I was hping to get!!! Im glad it will help out cuz I dont want to blow my engine up!!!!!!!!

I'll go with the pro 5.0 since I already had an MGW, plus the top handle i got is fully adjustable and seems to fit on the Pro 5.0!

Im guessing a Short Shifter from an 03 Cobra will do right?