Trans problems

21Greg

Sep 24, 2011
I just entered the mustang world with a 95 convertible v6. First car for my Kid. Nice car but it just started with the O/D light flashing. Any thoughts? Also I am trying to identify the trans. The door tag has TR P3266. I can't find this code any where. Need help.

• Sponsors (?)

I just entered the mustang world with a 95 convertible v6. First car for my Kid. Nice car but it just started with the O/D light flashing. Any thoughts? Also I am trying to identify the trans. The door tag has TR P3266. I can't find this code any where. Need help.

The transmission is an AODE. Since this is a V6 car you will get better advice in the V6 tech forum. Currently this is posted in the 94-95 5.0 talk section. Your computer is an OBDII vs. the OBDI for the GT's.

A flashing O/D light is supposed to indicate there's a problem with the transmission, like a check engine light indicates an engine-related problem. However, the only time I ever got a flashing O/D light on my old V6 was when my transmission fluid in my AODE was low. Check the fluid carefully; there's a bend in the tube that can contaminate the dipstick and make it seem like there's enough fluid. If you can't tell, you may want to add a half-quart of tranny fluid and see if the light goes out.