Tremec troubles

I'm running a tremec 3550 on my car, and from day 1 when you put it in 5th gear you get all this fricking gear noise coming into the cabin. Everybody told me that tremecs are noisy but this is ridiculous. the other 4 gears make some noise (whine) specially at WOT but that 5th sounds like an old mack truck. Took it to a couple different shops and they told me that tremecs are just like that, you just got to live with it. I don't buy it! it's this constant gear meshing noise that just bothers the crap out of me, the only time it quiets down is when you get off the gas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Reasons for gear noise (that I can think of) are the following:

1) Low fluid level.
2) Bent mainshaft/countershaft.

I'm unsure of the gear "orientation" of Tremec's but I still think that the above principal holds true (number 2).

Joe

If his transmission was out of alignment, the noise wouldn't change with different gears.

What kind of fluid are you running? I heard if you don't use synchromesh fluid, it will wine alot more. Also, is your shifter isolator still installed between the handle and shifter base?

NO_RICE is having similar issues - perhaps compare notes with him if you want. He has removed the trans recently to inspect things and did not find much too revealing as I recall.........

i have no new numbers to compare with vs my old trick flow r intake. but just from articles i have read about the victor jr on carb'd applications the avgerage power is higher. i think it pushes the band higher were it makes peak power. i like it and the car runs strong. this article kinda has a shootout with various intakes and the spyder does well.
http://mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/93438/index.html