Votes: 17 73.9%
  • The New Edelbrocks

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

SuperDust22

The Power of Pixie Dust?!
Oct 19, 2003
Gilbert,AZ
Ok I know I always am asking what heads to go with but now it's time to make my decision. I will buying the heads within two weeks. I have narrowed it down to the trickflow and the Edelbrock. I will also buy a cam. I think I just want a mild cam. My car is a daily driver I don't want too much lope. Which heads should I go with? I know Edelbrock just came out with a new design. Are they better than the trickflows? After the heads and cams I won't do much more upgrades to the engine. The only other thing will be nitrous and a tranny rebulit with a 3000-3500 stall. What cam would be best for my set up. Remenber I have am AODE. And what trickflow head is the best? I know they make different ones.

• Sponsors (?)

Heres something to think about... if you ever want to go with a bigger cam in the future, you'll need to get new pistons if you go with the Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads.

As for which ones are better, I couldnt tell you

SuperDust22 said:
If I bought the trickflows from mustangs unlimted, what else would I have to buy for the heads? And is there a big differance between the Trickflow stage 1 cam and the stage 2?
Do not get the stage 2 unless you are going with a race oriented motor or stroker combo. The duration and tight LSA of the stage 2 will throw our processors into a fit.

Joe

if you want a mild cam that will idle well and make good power, as well as not completely pissing off the computer, the stage 1 is the right choice. to go with the heads, you will nead an upper intake gasket, felpro1250 lower intake gaskets, felpro1011-2 headgaskets, a set of fox body valve covers, and a set of stud mount 1.6 rockers. for the cam swap, you will need a water pump gasket, a timing cover gasket, and i would recommend a new timing chain while you have it all apart.

you will nead an upper intake gasket, felpro1250 lower intake gaskets, felpro1011-2 headgaskets, a set of fox body valve covers, and a set of stud mount 1.6 rockers. for the cam swap, you will need a water pump gasket, a timing cover gasket, and i would recommend a new timing chain while you have it all apart.

I don't know how to do quotes. I hope this works.