Trickflow Street intake

Ok Im going to install the intake im not leaving 15 hp in my garage...

A couple of questions I have been doing some post searches and what do I need or have to modify? Im ordering the SN95 elbow and bbk strut tower brace and gaskets tonite. Do I need to grind anything like the EGR, throtle body, elbow? any vaccum lines or fittings needed? do I need a spacer? can I keep my hood blanket?

• Sponsors (?)

I pulled off the hood blanket, and had to trim a little bracing off the underside of the hood like I said above. Also, depending on the size of spacer between the manifolds you are going to need an extension for the egr tube. I used an inch adapter and its barely getting me by with my 1" intake spacer. I could really use another egr extension. Depending on the state of your intake, I had to get a couple 3/4" threaded plugs to plug up some vacuum ports. My intake was bought used, so yours may already have them...

3/8 inch spacer is enough for taller valve covers. I'm not 100% sure they are even needed for the stock valve covers. :shrug: I didn't need them for my cobra intake, but the previous owner did grind down the bottom where the EGR bolted on.

331_installed2.jpg

The install is worth it for looks as well as more rpm and power. :nice:

Attachments

• 331_installed2.jpg
    331_installed2.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 71
Hey ... I just had an idea here :D

Over the years I've seen so much talk about intake spacers and their use
on our 94-95 Stangs :crazy:

All one would have to do is to determine the need for more space is to ....

Tape up the holes on the lower ... THIS IS A MUST HERE ;)
then
Use some bolts and washers you got laying around in some can
then
Just measure the thickness needed to clear everything

I never needed one on my combos so I guess I got lucky :D

Grady

I tried putting mine together without the spacer cause I didnt want to cut my hood, but the vacuum lines on the underside of the upper were hitting my fuel rail... So I had to use the 1" spacer that came with it cause I didnt want to buy a 3/8" spacer...

I pulled off the hood blanket, and had to trim a little bracing off the underside of the hood like I said above. Also, depending on the size of spacer between the manifolds you are going to need an extension for the egr tube. I used an inch adapter and its barely getting me by with my 1" intake spacer. I could really use another egr extension. Depending on the state of your intake, I had to get a couple 3/4" threaded plugs to plug up some vacuum ports. My intake was bought used, so yours may already have them...

now you see why I bought 3 lol. Glad you got it on there ok

Yeah def put it on

I cleaned my maf, changed my oil, and took her out a lonely highway yesterday afternoon after the intake install. I can definitely feel a difference in the higher rpms! She pulls a little harder than stock from 60mph up! Definitely worth the work.