True Blue No More...

Really disappointed to have to get rid of her, but i'm not in the right financial state to deal with my car's ongoing problems.

Last year when my intake manifold cracked at 39k miles, the car instantly overheated because of how fast all my coolant sprayed out... Ever since then, it has not been able to keep a water pump without it failing. I asked around everywhere...4 different shops and no one had anything usefull to add. They kept telling me it was the person doing the install or the belt tensioner was bent putting an awkward stress on the water pump pulley....

3 days ago i went to my dad's trusted friend, and he guessed the problem on the first try. We tested the coolant resevior, and sure enough, there was exhaust in my coolant :nonono: ....So im assuming the car either has a leaking head gasket or the heads are warped.

Ford refused to do anything about it because my intake manifold is the "Revised Version." That retarded plastic intake manifold was the cause of all my problems. Im so pissed because other than this, my car is in near new condition and has really low miles for a daily driver for 5 years... I can't believe the luck i've had...

I looked into a ported heads package from a local performance shop, but I really dont have the time or patience right now to buy and install new heads... if i were to do this, i would want to throw in some CMS stage 2's and an HPS intake manifold ported to match the heads and cams all at the same time as the head install... but there is just no way to work that out right now :( So the GT is gone. I took it off the market as soon as i found out the problem, and decided to trade her in. I won't be dealing with any new Ford again for a long time :uzi:

I've been looking into mid-sized trucks and SUV's and came across a brand new 08 Nissan Frontier marked $8,000 UNDER MSRP :eek:.... i couldnt pass up the deal.

Everything i wanted including color... and was the last V6 on the lot among 25 or so 4-bangers

The 4.0L V6 is advertised at 261hp and 281 tq :D
I looked around and found guys running mid to high 14's in the 1/4 with just a CAI and Headers! Not bad for a truck. I was really surprised by how quick it feels...

So here it is... my new 2008 Super Black Frontier SE:

08Frontier.jpg

Frontierfront.jpg

I just wanted to mention CatmanJJ and Mity2 for their inspiration in helping me to shape and mold my true blue wayyyy back in the day when i joined stangnet as a 15 year old. I apologize to you guys also for having to deal with me picking your brains for info and suggestions. :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

The truck was 13,988 with the power package windows/locks/mirros, tow package, limited slip, bedliner, upgraded wheels, etc...
MSRP = $22,485

I checked 4 other dealers.... they said they could try to match....when i showed them the 14k price tag they admitted they couldnt even get within $3,500 of that price and told me that i was looking at a 4banger :D

nice job dude, you can't beat that at all. sorry you had to ditch the Stang, but chronic problems make a man weary over a period of time and just plain fed up.

i like the side view of the truck, looks sharp, but damn the front grille on that thing is as ugly as Rosie O'Donnell in a purple tutu at a Queen of the Fat Ladies Pageant.

The truck was 13,988 with the power package windows/locks/mirros, tow package, limited slip, bedliner, upgraded wheels, etc...
MSRP = $22,485

I checked 4 other dealers.... they said they could try to match....when i showed them the 14k price tag they admitted they couldnt even get within $3,500 of that price and told me that i was looking at a 4banger :D

:jaw: are you ****in serious???? i wonder how much i could trade in my 2003 xterra for??

Sorry to hear and I am totally with you regarding Ford's support - it's just not there. Good looking truck, hope you got a good one and a car maker this time that will back up their vehicle if it comes to it.

i am sorry to hear about that corey. i know that you have been battling with that car for some time now.

on a good note, your new truck looks sick. we should meet up some time so i can check it out. that is one hell of a deal. now that you have a DD, looks like you should get a cheap project :)

Sorry about the Stangs problems man, that sucks. :cheers: for sticking it to a dealer instead of some poor bloke :nice: Great deal on the truck. Thats WAY below dealer cost. Must have a chit load of rebate or something. Was that an advertised truck? When I did car sales we would advertise a truck like that then hide it. Tell everyone it was sold already but I have one just like it for only a little more :D The sales person who would sell the "lost leader ad" vehicle was usually punnished or humiliated cause the dealer lost so much on them :rlaugh:

:( Sad to see the stang go. It's was one of the nicest looking ones on here.

Least you got a good deal on the truck, hope it treats you well :nice:, even though it's not a mustang :D

Man, that's a bummer. Yeah, a heap swap is not something you want to coordinate on a whim - and it's expensive. Your stang was awesome, i'm likin the truck too.
Yea it was just going to be too difficult to coordinate with work and school especially since it was my DD.
I really want to see how your car turns out. Someday, i hope to see it in person. i'll still be lurking around the mustang scene, and i'll be lookin for it

Still got your drawing also. I'll be holding on to it. :nice: Thanks again!

i am sorry to hear about that corey. i know that you have been battling with that car for some time now.
on a good note, your new truck looks sick. we should meet up some time so i can check it out. that is one hell of a deal. now that you have a DD, looks like you should get a cheap project :)
Thanks Jimmy.

You called it :D In the next year or two after i save up some money, i hope to get back into the mustang world with a 5.0 project to screw around with.

Sorry about the Stangs problems man, that sucks. :cheers: for sticking it to a dealer instead of some poor bloke :nice: Great deal on the truck. Thats WAY below dealer cost. Must have a chit load of rebate or something. Was that an advertised truck? When I did car sales we would advertise a truck like that then hide it. Tell everyone it was sold already but I have one just like it for only a little more :D The sales person who would sell the "lost leader ad" vehicle was usually punnished or humiliated cause the dealer lost so much on them :rlaugh:
:lol:
Well i dont understand too much about how dealerships work, but they told me the dealer had worked out a special deal with nissan to meet a goal in which they would get a big bonus. So they slashed the prices on everything on the last weekend of the month to meet the goal ...they got rid of all the other v6 frontiers the day before i bought mine. It was the last one left on the lot. The dealership met their goal on the Sunday that i showed up to look at it ...meaning they were going to raise all of their prices the next day... so i jumped on it.

:( Sad to see the stang go. It's was one of the nicest looking ones on here.
Least you got a good deal on the truck, hope it treats you well :nice:, even though it's not a mustang :D
Thanks! i wont be able to stay away from mustangs for long. i know i'll be back :D

I have used that "Meet national quota" line many times but never at that much discount. I usually said that to people I gouged, you didnt get gouged. At that price I am sure they were shooting for a big arse bonus, prolly a million bucks or so :shrug:

Damn!!! sorry to hear that bro. Your's one one of the cleanest true blue stangs I have ever seen, but you gotta do what you gotta do. A headswap isnt easy & far from cheap, you probably made the right move by trading it in....

Congrats on the new truck, it is nice, but I couldnt live without a mustang....

I hope to see you stick around the forums....