Trying for 12's....advise/suggestions

My mods and E/T are listed below. Here's where my mind is wondering....aluminum driveshaft w/18inch Mickey's on my factory wheels should get me there. Or should I be patient and save up for Bogart's then add the d/s and wheels at the same time for a solid weight reduction hopefully equal to a nice E/T. Money is tight and must be earned through OT so don't give me the old just super charge it answer lol. My biggest debate is spending the 500$ on 18 inch drag radials along with the D/S or save that $500 toward the 15's and maybe pull some solid times.

Thanks
Bob

• Sponsors (?)

Drag radials alone will get you darn close, if not actually get you there, given your previous best time. Unless you plan on putting a ton of money into your car and run low 12's or lower, I don't see much of a need for Bogarts, unless you race every weekend. You'd be better off spending that money on other mods.

CMDPs and UDPs will give you a nice boost, along with the drag radials, to make sure you get to 12's. Of course, the driveshaft would help, too.

Or, just grab the drag radials and a 75 shot of nitrous and call it a day. :)

Many choices.

You gotta have traction no matter what route you go with mods, so get drag radials first and foremost.

Then, if you want a very simple, yet effective mod go with a stall converter for your automatic transmission. Go with one in the 3500 rpm range and you'll see about a 3 tenths improvement in your 1/4 mile ET. I paid $560 for mine (brand new from Fuddle Racing). Cost $250 in labor for install (although it's easy enough for many guys to install themselves).