Tune/clunk question

dew22

Banned by Troll
Jan 16, 2003
Tampa
I just had an idea.

Could the 3rd to OD shift be altered so that the trans. won't under any circumstances shift into OD until lets say 47 to 50mph? This would almost completely get rid of my clunk.

• Sponsors (?)

although i wonder if a power tuner would help any. might be able to change shift points. i wouldn't know though cuase all my cars been stick. and i never had to play with an automatic. maybe someone on here can help out. if they have an auto if a power tuner can help this problem.

dew22 said:
I just had an idea.

Could the 3rd to OD shift be altered so that the trans. won't under any circumstances shift into OD until lets say 47 to 50mph? This would almost completely get rid of my clunk.

If you get an SCT Excalibrator, you should be able to alter when each gear engages as well as how firm they engage. I have been getting tunes e-mailed to me. The tuner is tweaking a few things for me, and we are going to dial in the shifts over the weekend. The SCT software will allow you to do this. In fact my old chip I had been using was burned wrong and had the torque converter locking up in 3rd gear. SCT will open up alot of tuning opportunities to you in case you do some heavy modifications as well.