Tuned by the best!

• Sponsors (?)

hotmustang331 said:
In most cases the KB seems to trap higher...and every conversion Tim has done has netted in a better ET...even when down about 70RWHP. So far noone has regretted going with the 2.2. SO it would have to have the same pull if it traps higher...you feel torque and the KB makes more of it. Anyways I think im sticking with the 1.7....ill try and have the most powerful 1.7L KB 2V in America...that has a nice ring to it. :D

Some of those KB cars have shown an advantage in the 1/8 mile but don't think those cars are faster than centris in the 1/4 mile with an equivalant setup. Also, the fact that a car ran faster after the conversion does not mean that its former centri setup was optimal. That notion about KB's running faster ET's with less HP would apply in the 1/8 mile, and this makes sense when you look at the KB's torque curve.

Good luck with whichever KB you choose.

hotmustang331 said:
True and I get your point. But im basing on what tim told me about the car feeling like it pulled the same just after the launch and that you got used to the power, and the fact that a 600RWHP KB car will trap as high or higher than a centri @ 600RWHP. In most cases the KB seems to trap higher...and every conversion Tim has done has netted in a better ET...even when down about 70RWHP. So far noone has regretted going with the 2.2. SO it would have to have the same pull if it traps higher...you feel torque and the KB makes more of it. Anyways I think im sticking with the 1.7....ill try and have the most powerful 1.7L KB 2V in America...that has a nice ring to it. :D

I am with you hotmustang, I am going to max out the 1.7 and see if it doesn't run too hot.......

Blown00GTAuto said:
Some of those KB cars have shown an advantage in the 1/8 mile but don't think those cars are faster than centris in the 1/4 mile with an equivalant setup. Also, the fact that a car ran faster after the conversion does not mean that its former centri setup was optimal. That notion about KB's running faster ET's with less HP would apply in the 1/8 mile, and this makes sense when you look at the KB's torque curve.

Good luck with whichever KB you choose.

Well they run faster 1/4s because they can get to the 1/8 faster and they hold the centris off...but thats with less HP. Now EVEN is different.

lets take 2 cars, 1 with a N 2K and the other with a 2.2KB....Ok both have 600RWHP even. Now how can the novi car have an advantage past teh 1/8? THEY BOTH HAVE 600RWHP :shrug: . And they both can spin to 7Kish, the novi car ONLY makes 600@ 7K because thats where the boost peaks...the KB will make approx 600 from 6000-7000RPM. I just dont see how it can have less advantage at ANY point if they both have the same peak power. :shrug: HP is HP (we arnt even talking much about torque here) and the KB makes the same peak and more EVERYwhere else...i just dont see it loosing.

And no im not saying the centris are maxed...given race gas, the N 2K can pound out much more power than the KB beacuse it can boost to 27PSI and flow alot more....the 2.2 runs out of steam at 7K and 18-19PSI usually. BUT on pump gas the power #s will be about the same and the above scenario (sp) takes place. Street car on pump gas...KB owns the centri...race car on race gas N2K owns KB in both ET and especially trap. And Thanks, ill enjoy it VERY much im sure :D

hotmustang331 said:
Well they run faster 1/4s because they can get to the 1/8 faster and they hold the centris off...but thats with less HP. Now EVEN is different.
.... I just dont see how it can have less advantage at ANY point if they both have the same peak power. :shrug: HP is HP (we arnt even talking much about torque here) and the KB makes the same peak and more EVERYwhere else...i just dont see it loosing. ... Street car on pump gas...KB owns the centri...race car on race gas N2K owns KB in both ET and especially trap. And Thanks, ill enjoy it VERY much im sure :D

We could go on and on with predictions about performance, but actual results have spoken volumes since the 4.6 2v KB's have come out. In reality there are pros and cons to each type of blower and I think you'll have a better appreciation for those differences when you actually experience them. Nothing beats experience, whether its in a street car on pump gas, or at the track with race gas .........or whatever ;) .

Yep, your correct. They have spoken for themselves. The KB is not the own all blower...it has its limits and those happen to right on the edge of pump gas. Tim has more experience than ANYONE even Dave...it took him to convince me LOL. I was a hard core centri guy (still putting a centri on my 66) but for the 2V Tim showed us the results that he has had (another thread) and well....KB for me lol. Anyways nice debate here...and thanks for the props.