TURBO GUYS! which turbo for my 351W?

I guess we have different opinions then. I respect yours but completely disagree. Btw link me to those dyno sheets.....remember that I said not a root style

any other opinions??

Drew

• Sponsors (?)

V8 or not its not like the turbo spools at 1k rpms, its still gonna be near what a centri would spool at

I’m sorry, but this is 100% false. If you have ever been in a turbo’d mustang you would know that full boost is typically going to come on in the 2500-3500 range (for your typical street driven turbo’d stang). Compare that to what happens in a centri charged mustang where full boost comes to fruition when you shift…and you will see that a turbo mustang will hit the tranny MUCH harder, especially in rolling conditions when you stomp on the happy pedal. If you compare the HP and torque curves…you’ll notice that not only is the turbo’d stang producing a broader torque curve….but it will likely be making significantly more torque as well. Keep in mind too that most turbo’d stangs use a lower numerical rear end gear to aid the loading of the turbo’s…which will also put more load on the transmission.

Here is my dyno readout. Notice that I have 400lbs + of torque from 2900 rpm up through redline? FYI, boost comes on HARD around 2500-2800 rpm. Obviously if I were to put some oversized turbo on there I could get it to perform in a similar fasion to a centri blower…but when properly sized, look out!

206985.jpg

FYI, compare mine to a supercharger putting out more HP and torque and you'll see the differences. Notice how the HP and torque are somewhat linear right up to redline? Compare that to the TQ curve shown on my dyno. Also notice how much MORE torque I make up to around the 4000 RPM range. Keep in mind, this is a 347 stroker setup with a centri charger making 600+ rwhp. This of course is only one example...but there are countless ones available.

Dyno numbers!!! - Corral Forums

240105.jpg

Like others said, start reading, its not like a supercharger where you can bolt it on and go, if the compressor size and exhaust housing dont agree with the motor your not gonna be happy with it.

Also your going to need some kind of intercooler, whether it be a/a, a/w or meth.

oh hey, have you heard of this site. theturbomustangs.com
i would say go on there for a couple days without posting, just read, collect your thoughts then ask questions