Turbo Suggestions

boostjunky

May 24, 2006
I'm lookin for some turbo ideas. The plan is to squeeze around 400+whp out of it. We are gonna use the stock crank, crower rods, je pistons, ported and polished head, gutted/ported intake, (which throttle body?), stinger header and front mount i/c, aeromotive fuel system, bosch 55lb/hr or 72lb/hr injectors, turbo joe fuel rail, not sure on wich ems to go with yet, but possibly the big stuff setup, c4 trans. We want this thing to be street friendly, but it's gonna have a 3000 stall in it so turbo lag won't be too much of an issue. What are your suggestions? T03/04 with what a/r? Other turbos? Thanks guys. I haven't been in the game for a while so I could use some help. :)

• Sponsors (?)

well your about equal with me....but you know your talking $$$$$$$ lets start from the top...i have a garret t3/t4 hybrid with a stage 3 compressor wheel and a .63a/r as for the intake i suggest you contact 40boband go to the JY and get a 94-95 5.0 TB i got mine from a 96 mercury mountanier.(you dont need the 150 dollar adapter plate from tiny advenger) 40bob has to machine the intake out to accept a 65mm tb. he also makes the brackets you need for the throttle cable. Now as for the head check out my post i just put up about my boport stage 3 head.I wouldnt mess with the internals there good to 400+ rwhp easy....i just used total seal rings gapless second. clevite bearing ARP rod bolts and felpro 1035 HG. as for F/P 400 hp is not out of range of the stock fuel lines i would go with a 255lph pump....also if you dont dish out the money for a stand alone you cant use high imp injectors....or your shortly be buying a new ECU. i would steer clear of racerwalsh or esslinger...they are big $$$ let me know if you have any other ??
-jesse

Well the guy I'm puttin this together for has the $$$ and will spend it too. He wants to build a motor that will last and be strong with no worries. That's why we are doing rods/pistons and rebuilding the bottom end. I was thinking about doing the same thing with the head that you just had done by boport with esslinger hardware. Not sure of which cam to go with yet. I just want to find the right turbo for the car that will make an easy 400+whp, and I'd like to achieve that on pump gas. More than likely the car will run on 104unleaded most of the time though.

Not just "any" hybrid will make 450rwhp. About the only one is an SC61, which is what Boport is using. An SC50 (50 trim) won't swing 450...maybe 425 max. Same goes for the 57 trim.

get some 42lb injectors and matching maf censor with the 255 intank and you'll be fine at 400hp. for a decent priced turbo go with a t4 it will flow much better than a t3 hot sided turbo. and you wont run out of steam if you or he decided to step it up a bit.:nice: nobodys happy with just one specific hp number. plan for future wants/needs of power. i myself am using a masterpowers t70 turbo(pic in my sig.). great turbo lots of mustang guys running 10's with this turbo on stock shortblocks and pump gas.:nice: