TwEEcer guys: Custom burn or TwEEcer?

FreeGT

Dec 9, 2003
St. Louis
I plan on adding a kb2.2 in less than a week, I just need some form of timing retard. I could buy an ignition, and add a retard for $350, but why do that when i can get a custom burn? Well the only person that burns around me charges $400 for the burn and $290 for dyno time... :notnice: My motor is stock..(right now), a mail order chip might work, but i want to ELIMINATE detonation, and i would also have no one to re-burn for later add-ons.

So that leaves me to this crossroad, get a custom burn for $690, or buy a TwEEcer, or some other tuning program which is REPROGRAMABLE? I am a moderate beginner with EFI, so I ask, how user friendly is it? Is this something I can do with very little experience?

• Sponsors (?)

FreeGT said:
I plan on adding a kb2.2 in less than a week, I just need some form of timing retard.

FreeGT,

Tweecer is very flexible, however there is a very steep learning curve with lots of study involved to master the PCM. There are hundreds of functions, scalars and tables that you can work with and need to learn about. There are lots of folks on the Tweecer forum that will help you out and there is a guy with a KB that has just started Tweecing so you guys could probably help each other out.

http://tweecer.oplnk.net/

Good Luck, Don

I've read some very good things on the superchips.com tuning package on the corral forums, but it sounds promising, as it is supposedly user friendly (idiot proof), any info on this is appreciated as well