Twisted Wedge Heads are on and car is running

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
Finally after taking the upper intake on and off about 15 times to get it to sit flush on the lower, I finally got my car running :banana: BUT!!! you can hear a tick tick tick tick tick sound coming from the passenger side head :bang: so now we have to take the intake and valve cover back off, stick the intake back on so I can have the car run and adjust the one rocker that is making the ticking noise.

Now heres what gets me... there was no ticking noice after we adjusted all of the rockers. It started once we got the car completly back together and my altinator is making something like a taping sound. Anybody have any ideas on what my problems are? I have the fox valve covers on my car but that shouldnt make a difference should it? Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the car running how it should then go out and take on a few LS1's and see how I do... of course not until I get a new balancer. One problem after another :bang: :lol: Car sounds :nice: though

• Sponsors (?)

No plans of tuning as of yet. I really need to get a new balancer before I do anything else with it. I forgot what kind of rockers they were... they have a bolt that goes on top of the rocker that you tighten down then an allen screw inside the bolt.

Me and my dad were working on it from 10:00 this morning to about 9:30 at night, plus all of the work I did yesterday. I'll probably take it to BnO once I get money again and get it tuned since it's going to be awhile until I get money for other things I need. But for now I just want to get the damn thing running right. I think one of my rockers is hitting my valve cover causing the ticking... hopefully thats all it is and I can grind down the inside a little.

1105 said:
I forgot what kind of rockers they were... they have a bolt that goes on top of the rocker that you tighten down then an allen screw inside the bolt.
That's stud mount :nice:. I don't think TW are available in pedestal mount anymore (were they ever?). Could be talking out my ass on that one, though... :rlaugh:

I think one of my rockers is hitting my valve cover causing the ticking... hopefully thats all it is and I can grind down the inside a little.
I had a little of that. Was actually the rocker adjusting nut on top of the stud that was actually hitting in my case. I just used some prussian blue to mark where the interference was, and then ground that part out of the cover.

Congrats on getting it back together so quickly! I spent three fairly long days from start to finish when I did my headswap. Did I mention that I'm pretty frickin' slow? :D

You're really gonna like the way the car runs now, it's night & day difference from stock.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
You're really gonna like the way the car runs now, it's night & day difference from stock.

Dave
Yea I cant wait to go out for a test drive. Just hope I wont get pulled over for it. What I like the most so far is how it sounds :nice: there is a little bit of a lope to it.

Check out what my E7's looked like when I took them off... heavy little buggers :lol: and they are really that white
stocke7.jpg

Numbles said:
1105, Whats your complete setup so far. I dont see a sig.
Check the sig on this post but dont mind the 1/4 mile time. That was before I got my intake put on.

Does anyone know an easy way to hook the vaccume lines back up on the upper intake? I either have someone hold it or I set it on a piece or wood to keep it up enough to get to the fittings.