Universal emergency brake kits, which one? Help with Baer brakes

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
i have a baer sport brake kit on my notch. 5x4.5 pattern, 12" rear disc, basically uses 95 style corvette stuff. it came with cables for 87-92 cars, they are too long. i ordered and waited 7 weeks for the 93 mustang specific length cables, they are even LONGER.

i went through everything with baer "tech". they just said something is off with my car, they are WAY too long. they did not seem interested any further in making a custom cable, adjustable cables, anything else..

i am looking at these universal cable kits. does anyone use one? any tips/idea's/standard shops who will SHORTEN or modify one? one end is the standard barrel shape at the trans tunnel, the other end is an oval full circle shape and it goes over an arm.

i will post pics, but i am tired of no e-brake. i need to tackle this before its too late.

• Sponsors (?)

View attachment 187932 you can see the "finger" the e-brake cable goes over here.

View attachment 187933 both ends of the ebrake cable

im at the point of just getting it shortened, but it's so hard to determine exactly how long it needs to be. i CAN guess, but i'd rather get something adjustable if possible.

i already have a center adjustable cable from fms, i adjusted it as tight as it will go and i could not get the arm to activate the e-brake. there has got to be something available..