UNSURE ABOUT PRO CHAMBER, SWITCH TO H???

01GTPony

Jun 29, 2004
San Diego, CA
I've had my pro chamber in for around a month now and I'm not sure if I'm all that impressed with it. I really didn't notice any power increase the sound is ok, its paired w/ magnaflow cat-back, but its a little too refined for me. I really don't want to weld in new mufflers, so i was thinking of puting in a regular off road h-pipe. Should I? How much difference in sound will I notice?? and what h-pipe should I go with? OR (I know the response I'll get to this) how bout an off road X?

• Sponsors (?)

IMO the problem is the mufflers. i've heard quite a few people not thinking the magnaflow mufflers are a bit to quiet. they sound good, they are just a bit on the tame side. my buddy has magnaflow stuff on his, it sounds great, but it's not as aggressive of a sound as mine IMO

I noticed a big power increase with my MRT H-pipe w/cats. It sounds really great with my stock cat-back, but I see a Flowmater Force II in my near future. I thinks this will be just what I am looking for as far as sound.

I went from a prochamber to the H-pipe. The volume is a lot quiter then the o/r H-pipe. The power difference is not really much. My car is basically stock except for some cams and PI intake. I am back to the H-pipe just because I like the way it sounds. (to me the H-pipe has more rumble)