Updated engine and Gauge pics

Here it is. The engine is not done though. Still waiting on the pulleys from wazee, and I just ordered a 200amp alt from Pa performance. Unfortunatly mine only lasted an hour after I got the car back together. More pics when she is finished. I still have some engine bay cleaning to do, but you get the picture.

803618_104_full.jpg

803618_103_full.jpg

803618_105_full.jpg

803618_106_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

bimmertech said:
if thats the florida 50 clock pod, how did it fit.

Yup, thats the Florida 5.0 pod. Fit is great. Little tricky to bolt the bracket down, but otherwise it was easy. It fits almost perfect. I am really happy with it. Perfect view for those gauges. I had to superglue the washers to the nuts, that made it a really easy install. I am very particular about my interior. I installed it a few months ago to make sure I liked it. I just recently decided to get the gauges. Other wise I would have done a triple under the radio.........................

EDIT: I'll get some day shots soon. It looks much better in person really.

Low-5.0 said:
Looks like it turned out very nice! I don't know how you can your engine that clean, mine's new and I have a rough time keeping it clean! :lol:

Under 2000 miles a year, and countless hours cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. For every hour I drive this car, I spend 5+ cleaning it. I spent almost 16 hours under the car for the last show I won.

Got another coming up on the 31st. Car shows are just about who has the cleanest car. Nothing more. All the chrome in the world won't help unless its clean.

Thanks again for the ideas though. Not done yet. Still waiting on a few parts. Mostly dress up stuff. New coil, new dist., pulleys, and I really need to get the engine bay finished where all the wiring was. Maybe in the winter. I kinda want to drive it now.........

Thanks all for the kind words. Its been a lot of work. I got ideas from lots of you guys....

Grn92LX said:
Why did you put all your gauges in crooked? Looks clean otherwise!

Just a personal preference. I will probably change my mind though. Who knows. I will probably change them to a straight setup. I haven't even moved the car since the install. The dash is still apart. I have a few more things to do before she comes out of the garage.........

94gts said:
pretty dam sweet. Now you gotta make it FLYYYYY

I have been saving a little at a time. I have one more 6 month sea tour coming up here soon. My wife said she would save the cash I need to do a H/C/I and turbo combo. I figure about 500rwhp is my target. More than I will ever use anyways. I don't want to go too far as the engine only has 17k on it. Not looking for a rebuild any time soon. I figure next summer will be the fly build.

It handles, stops, and looks good, next it will handle better, and hopefully flyyyyy as you put it. Only time will tell. I change my mind weekly........

Grn92LX said:
Why did you put all your gauges in crooked? Looks clean otherwise!
Mike, I do the same thing. I like having optimal readings being at 12:00 (like on a tach, my shift point [or redline - it depends on the vehicle's purpose] is at 12:00). Makes it easy to check peripherally.

On crotchrockets I have had, I yank the cluster and turn the tach so redline is straight up. I have found that many tachs dont want to be turned. :lol:
Even if Shane does not do it for that reason, I like it. It makes the cockpit more driver-oriented IMHO. When they are straight up, it looks sterile, esp if the gauge pod angles toward the driver anyhow. Just MHO. :)

Looks beautiful Shane. I was going to point out a speck of dirt I saw on the engine bay, but I realized it was on my computer screen instead. :D