upgrade (poly?) exhaust hangers?

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
I have a magnaflow magnapack exhaust system and it seems to be rattling from the rear. I have at least 1/2" clearance from the body, braces, etc. I have plenty of clearance around the tips in the fascia. The exhaust hangers are good and tight. However, they seem to rattle? when stopped and in gear or when slowly accelerating. Anyone else have thsi problem?

Are there any upgraded exhaust hangers out there? I know the foxes have poly bushings....

• Sponsors (?)

I will look into the panhard. I have a 2010, but I think the suspension setups are the same.

I just lowered the car this weekend 1" all the way around. The rattle is very intermitten and is very faint. Everything rattled a little prior to the suspension install, but after the exhaust install. It does not rattle as loud with the new suspension, but rattles more frequently. Very very strange.

is the panhard bar the same as the "lateral stiffener?" One is round, the other is squareish. I am assuming the wide, square part is the one that needs to be replaced. However, the steeda part referenced is a roudn tube that replaced the round, stock panhard....

???

or does the 555-2555 steeda part referenced come with two pieces?

looking to replace the "lateral stiffener" - there are several writeups online, but no part numbers and nothing on the steeda website...??

please dont tell me I ordered the wrong part that was referenced in this thread.

It appears so. My fiance drove the car...A LOT yesterday in traffic. She said that it did not rattle one bit. So, it must have been that bar. I also readjusted the pipes. My buddy tightened the pipes up to the hpipe. He had them in a little too far. I pulled them out about 1" and it gave me more room in the rear.

Just a note here. I had a buddy who's exhaust was rattling and I found that when it was very hot even the tips were sticking out beyond the car 1/2'' more than when cold. That's how I found his noise...when it was hot.

I have been under the car after sitting in traffic for an hour.....banged on it and got no rattle whatsoever. My car rattled more when it was cold. Once I lowered the car, it rattled more when it was hot...go figure.

After removing the panhard bar brace, I could see under the pipes....they were scratched. The top of the brace was worn from something banging against it. The only thing that could bang against it was exhaust pipes. Still no rattles since the new panhard brace was installed, but, only time will tell.

back to the drawing board. Rattled like hell today....but only when the car shifted into 5th gear a little prematurely (low low RPM) or when sitting in idle with the car in gear (low low RPM).

I kicked the tailpipe a bit when the car was warmed up. I am almost SURE that it is the large exhaust hanger (my original thought). I have no idea how to fix this.