Upgrading to 2002 seats

87_stang

Dec 12, 2005
Tonganoxie, KS
Well I can pick up a full (front and rear) set of 2002 black leather GT seats for $50. I have a 1990 LX Vert they will be going in. Can anyone tell me what all is needed to do the conversion? I know for the rear I will have to take the leather off the 2002 seats and use it to wrap my seats with but what all will I need to do to fit the fronts into my car? Thanks everyone!:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

So I dont have to change out the brackets onthe bottom of the seats? I know the brackets on the bottom of the 02 passenger seat is bent some so can I possibly take the one off my 90 seat and replace it with the bent one?

And yes, you read right. $50!!! They were $100 but now $50 since there is a bent bracket. I work for LKQ Mid America which is a big auto recycler corp. so I get a little discount on some stuff.

The 99-04 seats direct bolt in.

You can use your Fox tracks, but you lose the 8-way power adjustable feature and you basically adjust it like a Fox seat.

Also, using Fox tracks lowers the seat down, so you need to do it to both, not just one otherwise one seat will be higher than the other.

well i took them apart and kinda installed the "guts" of the old seats into the new leather ones. I took the inside plastic back and the carpeting from the back of the old seats. THat way I can fold them down like stock and they still match

edit: some pics of the teardown. I have yet to get the installed ones because i ran outta batteries

View attachment 396255
View attachment 396257
View attachment 396259
View attachment 396261

sometime i guess i will make sort of a write-up about the way i did it. thats why i took all these photos lol