Upholstery Upgrades using Stock Fox Frames!!

Looks great. Was your interior originally black or have you swapped parts or dyed?

My interior was originally grey. They did not make t top cars with black interior. I swapped in almost everything from a 1990, The right way!! cutting out the Rear shoulder belt mounts and welding them into my car and welding studs to the floor for the 1990+ bottom seat mounts.

The only thing i didnt use was the 1990 dash. It was in worse shape then my dash so i just dyed mine. However all the parts were cleaned and dyed(even the black ones) so that everything matched. Looks better than the interior did when it rolled off the showroom floor!!! lol

• Sponsors (?)

First off....Photobucket's new format sucks. Anyone know of a good alternative? I'm getting really sick of their broken links! They didn't work the bugs out of it before forcing it on us, now here it is....months later, still garbage!!!

Wow Gearbanger! Thanks for that awesome write up and the props!! We majorly appreciate it. Sorry about the issue you had 8 months ago, but I'm glad you and I got everything handled the best way possible!

No sweat man. They were well deserved. :nice:

Gearbanger 101

You should put that writeup into a resource! :nice:

Ahhh, if only I knew what you were talking about right now. :D

That was his main issue about 8 months ago, he had a seat and was told it was a certain seat and it wasn't. I took a look and immediately knew he was told it was the wrong seat. A lot of people don't know but from 1979-93 there are multiple different frames, multiple different seat heights, knee bolster, I can go on and on. I wrote my own " Fact Sheet" that I can share if you guys like.

Yeah, sharing the fact sheet might not be a bad idea. It beats having to go through what I did again with someone else. lol

Basically.

This seat:
7467-standard-seat.jpg

Can become this seat using only new foams and upholstery. Frame stays the same:
7454-1992-93-gt-lx-articulated-sport-seat.jpg
Hello All,

Below is a diagram explaining what I've found to possibly be the best kept secret involving Fox Mustang Interiors. Basically, the diagram shows that your stock low back and stock high back seats are easily upgraded. Some upgrades simply involve new upholstery, some involve new foam buns and new upholstery over top of old frames. Either way, this diagram will go to show just how versatile your stock Fox frames can be. For instance, all of you guys with the standard low back LX seats can easily upgrade your seats to be a 90's Sport GT bucket by simply changing your foam and your upholstery!

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions! :nice:

Thanks,
Waylon Krumrie
Sales Manager
TMI Products Inc.

standalone

standalone
Are the seat frames from a 1996 the same as 1992 sport seats
many years ago I switched original sport seats out of my 1992 notchback for a set of seats from a 1996 GT. Now that I am older and wiser I want to go back to the original look. I would like to re-foam and re-upholster my seats with out having to find a pair of junked sport seats

Are the seat frames from a 1996 the same as 1992 sport seats
many years ago I switched original sport seats out of my 1992 notchback for a set of seats from a 1996 GT. Now that I am older and wiser I want to go back to the original look. I would like to re-foam and re-upholster my seats with out having to find a pair of junked sport seats

Sorry no - the frames from 94-98 are unique to those years only. Also keep in mind the seats in your '92 are only the same frames from 92-93 GT - that is the 24 inch high backrest and no leg lumbar. However, the 82-92 LX lowback seats are the same frames as the 92-93 and with new foam and upholstery can be built up to be GT bolstered seats.

Hope that helps!

Finally yanked my driver's seat. We straightened it and welded all the seams. Took about an hour for the welding. Got the tears in my original cover fixed at a local upholstery shop. I tell you, the frame doesn't budge AT ALL now! No flexing and perfectly straight. I also had the upholstery shop add an extra layer of padding. The seat is SUPER cozy now.

Again, it only took us maybe two-hours to yank the seat, weld, and put back. I really think TMI could add this service to their already amazing line of products.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to get 85-86 GT style upholstery that will work with the SVO-style seat foam? I kind of like the OEM look in my car, but I'd love to have more bolstering.

Reactions: 1 user
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to get 85-86 GT style upholstery that will work with the SVO-style seat foam? I kind of like the OEM look in my car, but I'd love to have more bolstering.

Yessir. We patterned that exact thing last summer and have it available. It's not on our site - annnnd I don't think any of the dealers have it up yet. But if you are interested give us a call and customer service can give you a quote.

Hey guys, I just had a great experience with the 03-04 Cobra seats in my 93 Vert. Ordered them from TMI but in White w/gray suede inserts. its a custom color, but take a look at the difference.

Managed to do this myself too with some hog ring pliers, a youtube video from LMR and TMI and a weekend. I love the results. What do you think?
93 old seats c.jpg
93 new seats c.jpg

Attachments

• 93 mustang old back seat c.JPG
    93 mustang old back seat c.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 356
  • 93 mustang new back seat c.JPG
    93 mustang new back seat c.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 350
Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys, I just had a great experience with the 03-04 Cobra seats in my 93 Vert. Ordered them from TMI but in White w/gray suede inserts. its a custom color, but take a look at the difference.

Managed to do this myself too with some hog ring pliers, a youtube video from LMR and TMI and a weekend. I love the results. What do you think?
93 old seats c.jpg
93 new seats c.jpg

Wow, that turned out great. Nice work.

So TMI made the matching door panels for me, and also picked up a pair of sunvisors. Really completes the look I think.

the panels are totally custom, with white vinyl, suede inserts, carpet bottom instead of map pockets in 85-86 light gray to match my carpet, opal gray speaker to match the rest. all for the same price as an off the shelf set. These guys were great. :)

Attachments

• 93 mustang door panels 4c.jpg
    93 mustang door panels 4c.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 93 Mustang door panels 1c.JPG
    93 Mustang door panels 1c.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 349
  • 93 mustang door panels 2c.JPG
    93 mustang door panels 2c.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 350
  • 93 mustang door panels 3c.jpg
    93 mustang door panels 3c.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 387
Reactions: 1 user
So TMI made the matching door panels for me, and also picked up a pair of sunvisors. Really completes the look I think.

the panels are totally custom, with white vinyl, suede inserts, carpet bottom instead of map pockets in 85-86 light gray to match my carpet, opal gray speaker to match the rest. all for the same price as an off the shelf set. These guys were great. :)

Hey Jpdyno2. How do you like the suede seat/back? Is it staying nice? I was thinking a black red combo for my 89 vert. Similar to what you did....
Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm looking to see if you guys have just the front seat set for a 2002 available. My Mom's car has tears in it, and it's all in all not looking so good inside these days (The car only has like 60K miles even...) so I wanted to see what you guys offer for her.

It's a 2002 V6, factory leather, and parchment. Honestly, we only need the set for the front seats as the rear is still great.

Looking around a bit I see that you guys only do Sport seats (understandable, V6 ones suck) so will the foam fit the V6 frames? Also, how big of a pain is this to do by one's self? I'm reasonably mechanically inclined, but Momma is impatient, so gotta make sure I don't get a shoe thrown at me for taking too long now.

Also, there seems to be some conflicting information on the TMI site and LMR's site regarding fitment over OEM/TMI foam, and pricing. 'Lil help there to get it all straightened out? Thanks!