UPR or VRS x pipe

cadde300

Oct 7, 2003
I know the exhaust subject comes up all the time but I am lost as to which one I want to buy. I have cut it down to those two but need to make a decision. Can the owners of these two x pipes get back to me on what type of sound they make. I'm looking for the least raspy, great word, and the cleanest sound possible. Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

i have decided on UPR for my x pipe, what do these mufflers sound like with this, if anyone has these setups.

spintech sportman street
mac flowpath

I'm looking for loud but not flowmaster 2 chamber loud and drone. I'm also not looking for gurgly and popping out of my mufflers. I heard magnaflow with a vrs x pipe and it just popped and didn't sound clean. I think I'm leaning towards one of these two. Please chime in with opinions and if anyone has the setup i'm looking at.

cadde300 said:
i have decided on UPR for my x pipe, what do these mufflers sound like with this, if anyone has these setups.

spintech sportman street
mac flowpath

I'm looking for loud but not flowmaster 2 chamber loud and drone. I'm also not looking for gurgly and popping out of my mufflers. I heard magnaflow with a vrs x pipe and it just popped and didn't sound clean. I think I'm leaning towards one of these two. Please chime in with opinions and if anyone has the setup i'm looking at.

First off, it has been stated on Stangnet that VRS manufactures the UPR pipe. So they are basically the same thing. As far as mufflers, I would go with the Spintechs. Most people will say not not to mix chambered mufflers with X-pipes, but Spintechs full exhaust systems are designed to work together and thats what they sell are X-pipes with their catbacks. I used to have a Spintech catback and a Mac o/r H and there was just a little drone. X-pipes typically cut down the drone so you should have even less drone.

cadde300 said:
vrs does make upr but they sound different. UPR is what i'm getting.
Why did you switch to magnaflow from the spintechs??
Anyone have opinions on mac flowpaths?
soud files are always welcome.

Its a long story dealing with the exhaust shop botching the install and having rear-axle clearance problems that couldn't be fixed without cutting the cat-back up and moving stuff around and re-welding. So I took the easy route and replaced it.

flowmasters

Thats the thing, I have had flows on three other mustangs and want to go a different route this time. I'm starting to lean towards the spintech sportman street unless I hear that sound bad. Anyone have opinions on these or heard this setup. would love to here some sound clips.

I have a upr X with 2 chamber flowmasters and jba shortys it sounds kick a$$. with out the headers there was a little drone at real low rpms but nothing too bad. with the headers it always sounds real crisp though. for the price of the upr x i don't think you can beat it.

come on guys

Whatever you guys do, please don't persuade me to buy flows again. I am easily influenced when it comes to exhaust. I love the sound of flows but just want something different for a change for my new car. Any of you have sound files of the upr and the flows???

i'll try to get you a clip tonight i tried to record some on my cell phone but the quality is not worth playing. with the x pipe(and headers)it give the flowmasters a completly different sound than were used to

dr. gas

don't really want to pay the money for the dr. gas and then have to weld it together myself. Too much of a pain right now. and the way i'm hearing it the UPR is putting down great numbers.

I'm picking up my stang this morning from my mechanic. He put the UPR x pipe on I'll let you know how I like it. I have a Mac cat back on there now. Had flows on there but didnt like the sound, the mac sounds better.

I have actually been looking at mac flowpaths.....definately let me know as soon as you get the car how it sounds. I'm looking to buy but I can't decide on my mid pipe as far as which X. I thought I knew but now I love th sound of the bassani also

Just picked it up and it sounds great. Needs a little time to break in but dam it sounds sweet. Nice rumble at low rpm's but when you get on it sounds even louder, not obnoxously loud but you know I'm coming. :nice: My mechanic does alot of mustang work and when I whent to pick it up he said its one of the best he's heard and thats big coming from him.

are you going to shoot us some sound clips of that beast......i'm so confused now.
I just heard a prochamber matched up to flows....that had a unique sound but sounded sooooo good.
Anyone with prochamber and anything other than flows....what about a pro chamber and spintechs......that should be interesting.