UPR prod. K-member kit, Any good ?

• Sponsors (?)

I have not trusted UPR since an incident I ran into with their caster/camber plates. A few years ago they came out with a new type of plate which I decided to buy because UPR seemed to be pretty popular. When I got them in the mail I couldn't figure out exactly how to make them fit since there were only three bolts instead of four.

I sent UPR an email asking for directions since they had failed to include them in my package. They responded saying that there were no instructions available with my product. So I called them.

The Tech guy said he had never heard of them.

I asked to speak to his boss. He had heard of them but didn't realize they were on the market already and didn't know how they were supposed to work. Apparently the guy that designed them was on vacation. By the time he got back and told me how to install them I was thoroughly pissed.

A couple weeks later one of the ball bearings went out but by then my return policy had been exceeded.

crapola

I will never buy UPR again.

I've got a Maximum Motorsports K-member which is excellent!

I've got the UPR caster-camber plates and think they are great. The K-member looks to be a qaulity piece and it is chrome-moly. I think a lot of them are just mild steel. I think Vipersix had a bad experience with UPR, but that is not the norm. I bought caster-camber plates for my 03 car. I never installed them and 1 year later UPR allowed me to swap out for ones for my fox body. As far as I know they warranty most of their stuff for life. At the Ford Power Festival last month, my buddy told UPR about some problems with his caster-camber plates and without question they gave him a repair kit to upgrade to better bearings. In summary, I think the K-member is a good piece and the UPR service has been nothing but good for me. One word of note, if they are going to be at a race near you, buy the parts tehn. They run great specials at the track. I will be buying my K-member at Bradenton next spring.