UPR White Face Gauges? is it true? are they crappy?

derek02gt

Dec 25, 2003
hehe just as the post says, I hear mixed reations about the quality of UPR white face gauges. I'd rather only pay 44.99 then 100+ for nr auto. Are these UPR gagues quality? people say they are dark in some spots and others reply " well its because you didnt get all the glue off". Let me know if these gauges will disappoint, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

derek02gt said:
hehe just as the post says, I hear mixed reations about the quality of UPR white face gauges. I'd rather only pay 44.99 then 100+ for nr auto. Are these UPR gagues quality? people say they are dark in some spots and others reply " well its because you didnt get all the glue off". Let me know if these gauges will disappoint, thanks.

Its all in the preference. Personally, I think they look cheap and would rather see an autometer gauge swap. If youre gonna do it do it right. JMO

so you reccommend the upr's? im going to get the regular one's as I am planning on a custom led installation. so getting the upr's would be no different then getting the nr auto?

derek02gt said:
I did this mod with MAC Gauge Overlays (FYI - I found em on E-Bay...tried to order them directly from MAC, but they lost their distributor and had no idea when they would be available again). This was really easy. Use a fork to remove the needles and be very careful because they are stuck on tight and can break easily. As far as the glue is concerned....hell, there was hardly any used to keep the OEM gauge faces on. I used a razor and exacto knife to scrape off as much as I could find, but there really wasn't much...tiny little lines of clear adhesive. Use the onboard diagnostics to set the tach and speedo.
I used the instructions here on StangNet...I think Spreadman wrote em...excellent write-up. I choose the MAC because I like the look of white face OEM style gauges, then the 'non-reverse-glow' (?) at night-whereas just the numbers and needles light up. See the pics below. This is just my opinion, but I don't like the look of gauges glowing SO brightly at night...a lil ricey IMO.
gauge24.jpg

gauge22.jpg