urgent! need help in the next 24 hours

the98stang said:
Because he probably sprayed a 100 shot with the stock fuel pump and a $hitty tune:rolleyes: :D

I doubt he had a window switch either...or maybe he sprayed through gears :rlaugh:

yeah.. my point exactly. thats why i said it cost over a grand to get a good nitrous setup. but apparently idk what im sayin. i have nothing against nitrous, exept that most of the ppl dont use it right. and even those that do can have problems

• Sponsors (?)

steveb24 said:
yeah.. my point exactly. thats why i said it cost over a grand to get a good nitrous setup. but apparently idk what im sayin. i have nothing against nitrous, exept that most of the ppl dont use it right. and even those that do can have problems

$1000 for 100WHP is very very inexpensive. And how can you say that "most people don't use it right"? Did you do a survey or something:shrug: . Of course people who use nitrous properly are still at risk, but the same rule applies for superchargers/turbos or any other modification.

the98stang said:
$1000 for 100WHP is very very inexpensive. And how can you say that "most people don't use it right"? Did you do a survey or something:shrug: . Of course people who use nitrous properly are still at risk, but the same rule applies for superchargers/turbos or any other modification.

Exactly. This is a forum where people come to post problems, so you'll never hear something like "So I was spraying at the track today and didn't have a problem." I'll almost guarantee the number of people spraying trouble-free is much greater than those who end up with engine problems.

Melinda, if you got 4.10s now, that would be 3 years of fun N/A driving. Who knows, maybe in 3 years you'll need a rear-end rebuild anyway, if you're driving the crap out of your car. If not, you can always run a larger sidewall and reduce your final drive ratio that way.

stangGT97 said:
Melinda, if you got 4.10s now, that would be 3 years of fun N/A driving. Who knows, maybe in 3 years you'll need a rear-end rebuild anyway, if you're driving the crap out of your car. If not, you can always run a larger sidewall and reduce your final drive ratio that way.

Haa! Well as I've said, I am an idiot and don't know very much yet, so I have no idea what you mean about a larger sidewall. :p What does that mean please...

bluextc said:
Haa! Well as I've said, I am an idiot and don't know very much yet, so I have no idea what you mean about a larger sidewall. :p What does that mean please...

Basically, a taller tire... your stock tires are 245/45r17, the 45 means the sidewall height is 45% of the treadwidth. Using a higher number (50/55) would increase the sidewall height, and effectively reduce the final drive ratio. Of course I would only do this for track wheels and tires, running a tire with that big of a sidewall would look goofy on the street.

stangGT97 said:
Basically, a taller tire... your stock tires are 245/45r17, the 45 means the sidewall height is 45% of the treadwidth. Using a higher number (50/55) would increase the sidewall height, and effectively reduce the final drive ratio. Of course I would only do this for track wheels and tires, running a tire with that big of a sidewall would look goofy on the street.
Got it. Thank you. :p

Dont forget in addition to the gears you will need to calibrate it (ie. chip?)
Hell, Im not even sure what you'd need exactly to do that with a 2000. I know on my 94 all I had to do was change the speedo gear. Someone chime in and tell her exactly what she needs in addition to the gears.

Add that into the cost too.