urgent! need help in the next 24 hours

• Sponsors (?)

bluextc said:
Ok, well obviously, gears... now the question for jersy people, and especially DropTop Pony, since you're closeby... Down's Mtorsports... or some other local shop...

i've ordered from Down's before and had zero problems with them. Bought a saleen s281 wing for my old 97 stang.

edit: dont know about their install work though. Being a dealership, i'd imagine it would be over-priced to get gears installed.

bluextc said:
Ok, well obviously, gears... now the question for jersy people, and especially DropTop Pony, since you're closeby... Down's Mtorsports... or some other local shop...
Kaspers Korner in Blackwood...they did a perfect gear install for me and i think it was @250 for the install.
http://www.kasperskorner.com/
They are "caught you sleeping" race team at atco.

DropTopPony said:
Kaspers Korner in Blackwood...they did a perfect gear install for me and i think it was @250 for the install.
http://www.kasperskorner.com/
They are "caught you sleeping" race team at atco.

I will call them tomorrow, thanks. :nice: (gotta let the husband know today what I've decided on, first).
Thanks everybody for the quick help... I would still have a slow car with nothing but interior billet if it wasn't for you guys...
:SNSign:

Mel! What ratio you going with? 3.73s if you want to do a power adder down the road and 4.10s if you're going to stay all motor. :D

I had my 3.73s installed by a local stang mechanic for $150. ;) No whine. Perfect install. Bought the FRPP gear kit off americanmuscle. Wouldn't have done it any other way. :D

Oh and if you couldn't tell, gears > nitrous

Good luck! :D

-=NightHawk=- said:
nos can come later! or maybe a blower instead? :p
Supposed to be allowed to get twin turbo's when the car is paid off (3 years), instead of getting a new car. :D

AmBo said:
Mel! What ratio you going with? 3.73s if you want to do a power adder down the road and 4.10s if you're going to stay all motor. :D
Was going to get 4.10s - I've read 3.73s for s/c or turbo, but I thought I saw someone here say they had 4.10s with a s/c and it was fine. Also, I figured the power adder is so far down the road that I might as well get the 4.10s now and enjoy it for 3 years, and if worse comes to worse, I'll switch to the 3.73s when I have to...

streetstang03 said:
:rolleyes:

and a blower isnt? :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you dont even know what you're talking about.

Streetstang...thank you for saying that lol.

Nitrous is a very cheap way to make HP. If done safely, it puts LESS stress on your car compared to a supercharger. If you spray 125-150 on a stock engine then yes, you are gambling. But if you stick to 100 with a good tune you will be fine. Just be sure to learn about nitrous before you think about buying it.

NyDon said:
Hey. if he really cared. you'd get both! :nice:
(just kidding)
He MUST really care - no guy in his right mind would buy car parts for his wife - you have to really love a girl to do that! :p

the98stang said:
Just be sure to learn about nitrous before you think about buying it.

I will, that was why I had posted "urgent", because it was so unexpected when he offered it and I never expected to do it anytime in the next 3 years, so I had no clue what to say when it was offered... :D