v-6 cai question

• Sponsors (?)

The the general concensus that I've seen is that the more effective a CAI is, the more it will alter the air to fuel ratio and the more likely you'll need a retune. C&L is one that is commonly stated as needing a reflash that gives excellent gains.

Hope that helps.

The the general concensus that I've seen is that the more effective a CAI is, the more it will alter the air to fuel ratio and the more likely you'll need a retune. C&L is one that is commonly stated as needing a reflash that gives excellent gains.

Hope that helps.

what he said. intakes and exhausts on our cars net more gains than other cars like 4cly cars. the air fuel changes alot with those hp gains. you need a tune to get the most out of it and to run the best it can. can you do it without a tune probably, but why when i tune will just add even more.

I have found after bama on my ranger that my mpg increased on the higher octane tunes, helps off set the cost as long as your not constantlly hamering the skinny pedal with the new found power.

AFE and KN intakes do not require tunes. I ran the AFE and was happy with it a long time ago.

personally its worth a tune for me. Trust me, you won't believe its the same car. i would go Ti or C&L and a 87 oct tune if gas is a concern.