V3 Almost!

• Sponsors (?)

ok well ill find out later about the belt,car is at work and i was just reading that people were having issues with the belt touching the waterpump so im in a bit of a panic,maybe its just with the stock belt size?.....but im going to have to string it and find the right size belt for it and hope things work out,one good thing is i do have a underdrive waterpump pully that might help things

I'm sure you've seen this, right?

302 belt routing.gif

well i need a bigger pulley for sure,thats the tightest belt i can get on there,had to force it on,and tentioner rubs...i loosened the psp and lifted it a bit and it will work....i have a head ache with this now!
8089B8E6-2F3E-4E2E-ACC3-48C8D93064A7.jpg
B9C6FAF6-461C-486B-9A96-678ED09B8EAD.jpg

is that an underdrive pulley on that water pump? if it is, going to a stock-sized one will give a touch more room too. the 93 cobra one is even smaller, but as mentioned, is really friggin hard to find anymore.

is that an underdrive pulley on that water pump? if it is, going to a stock-sized one will give a touch more room too. the 93 cobra one is even smaller, but as mentioned, is really friggin hard to find anymore.
I bought one of the last ones from ppi I think it was 130 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

ya it is?.....aren't you supposed to go smaller on the water pump?
edit:smaller ya got ya...

I have another idea if this becomes a pinch . You could re drill the hole in the bracket so the tensioner locks in higher to allow you to run the tighter belt and keep it off the water pump pulley if that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

ya it is?.....aren't you supposed to go smaller on the water pump?
edit:smaller ya got ya...
Underdrive waterpump pulleys are typically larger than the stock pulley. You need to go back to the "smaller" stock pulley or a '93 Cobra pulley on your waterpump.

He's got the cobra one for 224 back in stock he was out for a while . That's NOS

Underdrive waterpump pulleys are typically larger than the stock pulley. You need to go back to the "smaller" stock pulley or a '93 Cobra pulley on your waterpump.
ya your right,sorry brain fart....i put the bigger power steering pulley on and im almost there....i got a bunch of belts and just about had it with the underdrive pulley,87 1/2 was just a tad tight,but now i put the stock pulley back on,so i think im going to need a 86 1/2 ish belt....i cancelled my dyno also.....gona re-book once i get eveything sorted out....i cant sleep at night need to get her started!...lol

Reactions: 1 user
would that be better for cooling a smaller pulley?
Correct . Bigger slows the pump . Smaller increases the speed . Ford did this on the 93 cobra . I don't no how it would be with the bigger p/s pulley though . You see how small it is in this pic compared to a stock or under drive pulley

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438920724.938821.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438920724.938821.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 99
Correct . Bigger slows the pump . Smaller increases the speed . Ford did this on the 93 cobra . I don't no how it would be with the bigger p/s pulley though . You see how small it is in this pic compared to a stock or under drive pulley

ya thats small hey?....well the bigger ps pump i really didnt want to do but i think thats my only option for now,it gave it alot more room though,i just put a new rack and ps pump on also and steering is really easy now,so if it tightens it up a bit i wont complain....im hoping tomoro i can fire the thing up!

Reactions: 1 user
I have another idea if this becomes a pinch . You could re drill the hole in the bracket so the tensioner locks in higher to allow you to run the tighter belt and keep it off the water pump pulley if that makes sense

missed this post,ya my thought exactly.....once i find the right belt to work with anyway