v6 1/4 mile times

• Sponsors (?)

Your right on the money. I have a 2002 auto and run an adverage of 16.3 Best ET is a 16.2 @ 86 mph with no mods done to the car. I have tons of slips if you want to see some. Or check out the stickie V6 Et's and time slips :) Any questions feel free to ask.

zoopa_man said:
Your right on the money. I have a 2002 auto and run an adverage of 16.3 Best ET is a 16.2 @ 86 mph with no mods done to the car. I have tons of slips if you want to see some. Or check out the stickie V6 Et's and time slips :) Any questions feel free to ask.

From what I've seen, they generally run about a 16.5. I know a guy that has all the basic bolt on's and barely does a 16.3 at sea level with his auto. But every one is a little different.

Yeah, I'd say low 16's too. Although the only one I've actually seen at the track (Vert, Auto) had BBK Intake, Cobra R's and Falkens, Dual Exhaust, and Chip and he was running consistent 17.5's. I think he cracked the 16's once, but, anyway.

ChrisYellowV6 said:
going around a curve durning a warm humid summer night i got about 15.5, before the sway bar and exhaust.

huh???

I assume you mean that you used a G-Tech or something like that, but no matter the situation, unless it was downhill, 15.5 isn't gonna happen with a very lightly modded Auto Vert.

5-SpeedStallion said:
huh???

I assume you mean that you used a G-Tech or something like that, but no matter the situation, unless it was downhill, 15.5 isn't gonna happen with a very lightly modded Auto Vert.

People underestimate the auto. If that vert you saw at the track was running 17.5, then he must have had some HUGE rims or something b/c I've never heard of a 6 running over 17......my friend's 99 Dodge Dakota Sport, bone stock V6, runs a 16.9 and, although it's close at the start, I always wind up pulling away pretty good after about 45mph.

Mean03V6 said:
People underestimate the auto. If that vert you saw at the track was running 17.5, then he must have had some HUGE rims or something b/c I've never heard of a 6 running over 17......my friend's 99 Dodge Dakota Sport, bone stock V6, runs a 16.9 and, although it's close at the start, I always wind up pulling away pretty good after about 45mph.

i ran my 2000 auto last summer and it was high 17s... so it's not only possible it's a fact. they're slow cars. I won't be going to the track again until I have my heads and cam swapped. after that it'll be a supercharger. The automatic is a horrendous tranny for the mustang. had I known it at the time I would've riddent he bus until I found a mustang with a 5 speed I wanted. Oh well.

peyotesands said:
i ran my 2000 auto last summer and it was high 17s... so it's not only possible it's a fact. they're slow cars. I won't be going to the track again until I have my heads and cam swapped. after that it'll be a supercharger. The automatic is a horrendous tranny for the mustang. had I known it at the time I would've riddent he bus until I found a mustang with a 5 speed I wanted. Oh well.

Possible, yes. Probable, No. IMO, you should just buy a V8 if you want that much performance out of your six. An auto gives you a better shift 99% of the time, that much is FACT. As for being slow cars, I had a 1991 Civic DX, worst car I ever owned..now THAT was a slow car. I'm trying to set up my car to be a fun-to-drive sports car, which I really feel I've achieved. If I wanted to track race all the time, I would have definitly invested in the V8. But the GT isn't worth the maintenance costs nor the insurance costs either.

Mean03V6 said:

Yeah, I'm not saying that all do by any means. One of the guys who was on here that now owns a GT ran a 15.9 with his auto, and I think it was stock.

Mean03V6 said:
Possible, yes. Probable, No. IMO, you should just buy a V8 if you want that much performance out of your six. An auto gives you a better shift 99% of the time, that much is FACT.

Smoother shifts maybe, but the crappy ratios and 20%+ drivetrain loss makes up for the ease of use in my book. My friend has a Auto V6 and even with a crappy launch and 2 extra people in my car I pulled him. "Better Shifts" didn't help him then. I'm not bashing the auto because sometimes it would be nice to have one, but the track is not the place (nor is any other time you want performance, for that matter).

Mean03V6 said:
As for being slow cars, I had a 1991 Civic DX, worst car I ever owned..now THAT was a slow car. I'm trying to set up my car to be a fun-to-drive sports car, which I really feel I've achieved. If I wanted to track race all the time, I would have definitly invested in the V8. But the GT isn't worth the maintenance costs nor the insurance costs either.

True, the 6 is a fun car to drive. I'd be nice if it was fast, but it certainly is fun (not a sports car, however). Oh, and what maintenance costs does a GT have that we don't???

5-SpeedStallion said:
Yeah, I'm not saying that all do by any means. One of the guys who was on here that now owns a GT ran a 15.9 with his auto, and I think it was stock.

Smoother shifts maybe, but the crappy ratios and 20%+ drivetrain loss makes up for the ease of use in my book. My friend has a Auto V6 and even with a crappy launch and 2 extra people in my car I pulled him. "Better Shifts" didn't help him then. I'm not bashing the auto because sometimes it would be nice to have one, but the track is not the place (nor is any other time you want performance, for that matter).

True, the 6 is a fun car to drive. I'd be nice if it was fast, but it certainly is fun (not a sports car, however). Oh, and what maintenance costs does a GT have that we don't???

I had a 2001 GT and I can tell you two big ones....insurance and gas..lol. I paid $500 a month insurance alone with a clean record for a HARD TOP GT. Put that with the $550 note I had on it and I was shelling out over a grand a month, not counting gas. Compare to now, I have $175 a month 3 year term as opposed to five on the GT and my insurance is down to $214. Big difference.

True, the 6 is a fun car to drive. I'd be nice if it was fast, but it certainly is fun (not a sports car, however). Oh, and what maintenance costs does a GT have that we don't???[/QUOTE]

Not a sports car? ANY mustang is a sports car, even the old school 4 bangers. If you are thinking V8=sports car, then the mustang makes a shoddy sports car if you figure 04 Mustang GT=260 2000 Chevy Camaro and Trans Am= 315....You don't need the V8 and you don't need to run 12's to have a sports car. That's why insurance is a pain in the butt. :(

Mean03V6 said:
Possible, yes. Probable, No. IMO, you should just buy a V8 if you want that much performance out of your six. An auto gives you a better shift 99% of the time, that much is FACT. As for being slow cars, I had a 1991 Civic DX, worst car I ever owned..now THAT was a slow car. I'm trying to set up my car to be a fun-to-drive sports car, which I really feel I've achieved. If I wanted to track race all the time, I would have definitly invested in the V8. But the GT isn't worth the maintenance costs nor the insurance costs either.

gasoline is at 2.09 a gallon here in las vegas.. i won't even consider a v8 anymore.. it's out of the question... i'll stick with the 6 and do what i can with it... I've never owned an import.. I like some (350z for example, but the subaru is a ghastly piece of crap however) but for the money i can get more with a domestic for less money... anyways, my 2000 with an auto is a slug...

peyotesands said:
gasoline is at 2.09 a gallon here in las vegas.. i won't even consider a v8 anymore.. it's out of the question... i'll stick with the 6 and do what i can with it... I've never owned an import.. I like some (350z for example, but the subaru is a ghastly piece of crap however) but for the money i can get more with a domestic for less money... anyways, my 2000 with an auto is a slug...

I'm right there with you on the gas thing....and the Subaru as well. :nice:

Mean03V6 said:
I had a 2001 GT and I can tell you two big ones....insurance and gas..lol. I paid $500 a month insurance alone with a clean record for a HARD TOP GT. Put that with the $550 note I had on it and I was shelling out over a grand a month, not counting gas. Compare to now, I have $175 a month 3 year term as opposed to five on the GT and my insurance is down to $214. Big difference.

Yeah, I know what you're saying and totally agree because it is for those 2 reasons that I drive a V6. However, you said 'maintenence' and that is stuff like oil changes and tire rotations, not gas and insurance. Thats why I was confused. We're on the same page now though and I totally agree. With gas and insurance the way they are, I wouldn't be able to drive a GT, just have it sit in the garage.

5-SpeedStallion said:
Yeah, I know what you're saying and totally agree because it is for those 2 reasons that I drive a V6. However, you said 'maintenence' and that is stuff like oil changes and tire rotations, not gas and insurance. Thats why I was confused. We're on the same page now though and I totally agree. With gas and insurance the way they are, I wouldn't be able to drive a GT, just have it sit in the garage.

Oh sorry. I should have been clearer on that one. But, it's kewl :nice: