V6 hood

macatak60

Dec 21, 2003
has anyone heard of anyone customizing their v6 hood by cutting out the "hood scoop." i can't think of the exact term for it but it's the place where the plastic piece goes.
has anyone ever cut that out to allow more air flow then add a gt hood scoop

• Sponsors (?)

macatak60 said:
has anyone heard of anyone customizing their v6 hood by cutting out the "hood scoop." i can't think of the exact term for it but it's the place where the plastic piece goes.
has anyone ever cut that out to allow more air flow then add a gt hood scoop

I thought about doing it. When I asked a friend at work about it he said something about needing a place for the air to exit as well as enter if you're going to do it as a cooling method. I dunno. You'd still need a screen or something to put in place so it didn't look silly. I've never seen a hood accessory like that.

You'd have to look under the hood to see if it isnt seeled of from there also, But i think you would want something there if for nothing but looks. Dont really know what kind of dmg something in there could do, but ya never know. I've seen the Shaker Hood adapter kits that you mount it like a cold air intake, so its like the Mach 1's. Thats rather cool, and functional.

The black plastic "screen" is an insert that fits into another separate piece that I thinks snaps into the hood recesses.

I would pull the whole insert out, take the black plastic "screen" out, and try drilling holes in it. I don't recall what is behind the inserts, but you could always just cut the material out from the hood behind the inserts.

As far as air entering into the car, that's what the radiator and valance openings are for. You only need exit routes.