Venom VCN-1000 Kit for an 02 GT.

2002GreyGT

Jun 10, 2003
Raleigh, NC
First I know there is a power adder section, but I would like to advice of 4.6 owners. MOD's if you feel the need to move this thread go ahead.

I am thinking of getting a Venom VCN-1000 Kit and would like to hear opinions, concerns, comments, etc. From what have read it seems to be the safest, may not make the most power per shot, but I'd rather loose a little power and keep my engine in 1 pience.

My car is a DD and I would probably only be using this kit maybe once a month or even less. Since I won't be running it much, I don't think I will need colder plugs since I'll be N/A 99% of the time.

What about programmers? Should I get a programmer along with the kit?
Any other parts suggested? :shrug:

Thanks

~K

• Sponsors (?)

Well I haven't used that kit.
What size shot are you looking at?
With a 100 shot, you MAY be safe on stock plugs and stock tune, but a few dyno pulls with a good wideband will answer the question.
If your really only going to hit it once a month or so just get colder plugs and change them when your going to spray.

Of course odds are you'll get hooked on the bottle like the rest of us bottle junkies.

BTW Is it bad when you nitrous dealer. Lets you fill your own bottles, Gives you free bottle fills for your bday present, Gives you the keys to their shop so you can fill bottles while they're on vacation, and informs you that you buy more nitrous a year from them than any of the rest of they're nitrous customers?

I'd probably start with a small 50-75 for a few pulls to make sure everything runs right and no problems. Then put it away for the week and see how it acts.

The next weekend bump up to the 100 shot and see how it runs.

I would probably stay around the 75 to max 100 shot. Really not trying to max out but just looking for a little more go, plus someone around me is selling their un-used kit for cheap.

BTW I think you need to start a NOS-Anonymous group for you.

~K

2002GreyGT said:
I'd probably start with a small 50-75 for a few pulls to make sure everything runs right and no problems. Then put it away for the week and see how it acts.

The next weekend bump up to the 100 shot and see how it runs.

I would probably stay around the 75 to max 100 shot. Really not trying to max out but just looking for a little more go, plus someone around me is selling their un-used kit for cheap.

BTW I think you need to start a NOS-Anonymous group for you.

~K

After that first hit you'll be right there with the rest of us bottle junkies. :hail2: